Anyone ever won a Disneyland trip through the radio???

I was going to wait until I get confirmation of my dates to ask about PH. And if promotions says no, I will ask at check-in in case there is something the hotel can do. I will ask nicely and will not be mad if they say no. I figure it can't hurt to ask :)

2018 blockout dates on my letter are:

Jan 1-3 & 11-15
Mar 24-31
Apr 1-8
May 10-15
July 2-5 & 15-18
Aug 30 to Sept 3
Nov 8-12 & 20-25
Dec 21-31
Hi again! Wondering if you have heard back from Disney promotions yet? Curious as to how long it takes to hear from them...I made it down to the radio station today & they said it would be 6-8 weeks so I was hoping it would be sooner??? Also in your experiences have you been allowed to request which on-site Disney hotel you wanted to stay at? We really want PPH because it's cheapest & we need an additional room for our large family! Also could you request any dates besides the blockout dates listed or did they have to be spread out ie. a month apart etc??? Any info you could give me would be great TIA:)

Hi again! Wondering if you have heard back from Disney promotions yet? Curious as to how long it takes to hear from them...I made it down to the radio station today & they said it would be 6-8 weeks so I was hoping it would be sooner??? Also in your experiences have you been allowed to request which on-site Disney hotel you wanted to stay at? We really want PPH because it's cheapest & we need an additional room for our large family! Also could you request any dates besides the blockout dates listed or did they have to be spread out ie. a month apart etc??? Any info you could give me would be great TIA:)

It did take about 5 or 6 weeks for the packet from Disney after I went to the station.

I spoke to a CM at the promotions and she confirmed that the tickets are not upgradable. I knew that would be the answer.

There will be a place for comments to request a specific Disney hotel.

You will be asked to provide up to 6 dates (I only listed 3) at least 3 days apart.
I have always been able to get the dates I was looking for. Once you schedule, then you will have their email and your confirmation to make communication easier.

Waiting for the packet seems to take forever!!

It did take about 5 or 6 weeks for the packet from Disney after I went to the station.

I spoke to a CM at the promotions and she confirmed that the tickets are not upgradable. I knew that would be the answer.

There will be a place for comments to request a specific Disney hotel.

You will be asked to provide up to 6 dates (I only listed 3) at least 3 days apart.
I have always been able to get the dates I was looking for. Once you schedule, then you will have their email and your confirmation to make communication easier.

Waiting for the packet seems to take forever!!
This is super helpful! Thanks for your quick reply. :) Someone here on the DIS said they had to provide dates a month apart from each other but now that my oldest is in high school I'm limited to school breaks & summertime would be the best time for us so glad to hear the days only need to be 3 days apart! Hoping I get my first choice & can stay at PPH. :) Don't think we can afford summer rates at the Grand or the DLH. :/ Thanks again!

Hi ! My last win it took 2 weeks to receive my packet from Disney and they were very prompt in responding to my completed paper work. I scanned it and was able to email it. My trip date requests were a week apart. I was able to get my 1st choice as to hotel request. Last year my 2nd hotel request was accepted. Yes, definitely request your 1st and 2nd choice hotel request. Sending Pixie Dust your way for the PPH ! Plan on 6-8 weeks for your packet from Disney and if it comes sooner ....... Yay !

Hi ! My last win it took 2 weeks to receive my packet from Disney and they were very prompt in responding to my completed paper work. I scanned it and was able to email it. My trip date requests were a week apart. I was able to get my 1st choice as to hotel request. Last year my 2nd hotel request was accepted. Yes, definitely request your 1st and 2nd choice hotel request. Sending Pixie Dust your way for the PPH ! Plan on 6-8 weeks for your packet from Disney and if it comes sooner ....... Yay !
Thank you for your quick response! Crossing my fingers & toes for all the speedy pixie dust I can get. :)

Those of you that won and already stayed how did the ticket process work? Were they just regular park tickets they gave you or did they have the peoples name on them you put in your packet? Do you happen to remember if they expired within the 3 days you are booked? I ask because there are only 2 in my party but I will be staying and paying for extra days since i don't like going to the park the day I arrive or the day i leave. They said if im staying an extra 2 days they will give me all 4 tickets. I would like to use them at another time if possible 6 days at once is to much for us.

It took me about 2 weeks for my package and once i emailed my requests I got my 1st choice of booking dates just a little over a week later.

Those of you that won and already stayed how did the ticket process work? Were they just regular park tickets they gave you or did they have the peoples name on them you put in your packet? Do you happen to remember if they expired within the 3 days you are booked? I ask because there are only 2 in my party but I will be staying and paying for extra days since i don't like going to the park the day I arrive or the day i leave. They said if im staying an extra 2 days they will give me all 4 tickets. I would like to use them at another time if possible 6 days at once is to much for us.
Tickets were given to us at check in. Here's a picture of my last tickets. No names were written on them. We wrote our own names on them after they were given to us. When I won in 2016, we only needed tickets for 2 people since the rest in our group had AP's. The CM told us to just write the names of the other 2 people on 2 tickets each and they could then be used as 1 ticket for Disneyland Park and 1 ticket for DCA. Hope that's not too confusing.
IMG_5677.jpg
With the tickets shown, if you once use a ticket, you have 13 days to use the other days. These were valid 3/31 - 12/15/2017.

Congratulations on your win !!!

It took me about 2 weeks for my package and once i emailed my requests I got my 1st choice of booking dates just a little over a week later.
That's good news! I really hope it comes soon so I can make plans. :) Thanks for sharing your experience--I have no idea about the tickets but maybe someone will respond with their experiences.

Tickets were given to us at check in. Here's a picture of my last tickets. No names were written on them. We wrote our own names on them after they were given to us. When I won in 2016, we only needed tickets for 2 people since the rest in our group had AP's. The CM told us to just write the names of the other 2 people on 2 tickets each and they could then be used as 1 ticket for Disneyland Park and 1 ticket for DCA. Hope that's not too confusing.
View attachment 295513
With the tickets shown, if you once use a ticket, you have 13 days to use the other days. These were valid 3/31 - 12/15/2017.

Thank you so much! This answers my question completely. They are just regular tickets :) Such a relief!

Thank you so much! This answers my question completely. They are just regular tickets :) Such a relief!
Glad I could help.
Have a wonderful time !!!

Ask the CM that is helping you with making your travel plans if this will be the type of tickets you will receive. This has been my experience with the tickets both times that I have won and from other people that I've talked to. As with anything there can be changes. The CM that has helped me both times was very helpful with all the questions that I had.

Last edited:
View attachment 295513

Two 3day/1park tickets for one person, would give you hopping ability for the three days in the parks.
It's nice when CM's are so helpful.

Geemo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts