Anyone ever won a Disneyland trip through the radio???

@RADOPT Sorry for the delay in answering ....... trying to get caught up. Hope you had a very Merry Christmas. I'll check back through a couple of sites and see where I read that. It wasn't Disney's site, so nothing official. Can't remember where (at the moment, where I read that) so at this point just speculation. Love MP and the $10 price, so hopefully it continues. Have fun at DL ! A great way to start the New Year !

Yes, I had asked about getting another room for the same time and was told yes. They quoted me an additional room rate at a discount.
They would not let us upgrade the contest win to a suite. Standard room only and we also were not allowed to add and pay for Club Level.

We had a great time !
That is good news! Would you mind sharing with me your quote with discount or how much it was? Trying to figure out what will fit in our budget if anything...feel free to send me a DM if you would be more comfortable with that. TIA! :)

Congratulations! I have won a couple trips over the years from KNIX!

Everything others have said has been the same for me. Letter, pick dates, pay taxes etc.

This time I got 3 day/1 Park per day tickets and we are going to try to see if they will let us pay for PH. Previous trips we won PH. I just can’t imagine only going to one park per day. We are super big park hoppers. Fingers crossed.

I won this last one in July and deadline is June 2018 with several blackout dates.

We always go for the Grand and stay a few nights extra. In my experience, I was able to get cheaper extra nights than they quoted from a special on the Disney website. Their quote was not very discounted, but maybe things have changed. I am waiting for them to reply now with a quote for April.

Everything others have said has been the same for me. Letter, pick dates, pay taxes etc.

This time I got 3 day/1 Park per day tickets and we are going to try to see if they will let us pay for PH. Previous trips we won PH. I just can’t imagine only going to one park per day. We are super big park hoppers. Fingers crossed.

I won this last one in July and deadline is June 2018 with several blackout dates.

We always go for the Grand and stay a few nights extra. In my experience, I was able to get cheaper extra nights than they quoted from a special on the Disney website. Their quote was not very discounted, but maybe things have changed. I am waiting for them to reply now with a quote for April.
Yay !!!
Congratulations on your win !!!

Yes, not having ParkHoppers was a challenge for us. We've gotten so used to hopping at DL.

We loved the new room updates at the Grand.

Have fun !

If anyone is curious :

The quotes I got were for a busy time of year. And for a Thursday to Sunday. So, depending on the time of year and days of the week ..... these are subject to change.

These weren't huge discounts, but atleast it was nice they offered it.
I used the discount for DGC on Nov 30. And the contest win for Dec 1st & 2nd.

The rates are subject to an additional 17% City of Anaheim Hotel tax and $20 self-parking fee per night should you have a vehicle with you.

Disney's Grand Californian® Hotel & Spa:
Nov 30, 2017 $471.20
Dec 1, 2017 $550.40
Dec 2, 2017 $550.40

Disneyland Hotel
Nov 30, 2017 $389.60
Dec 1, 2017 $464.80
Dec 2, 2017 $464.80

Disney Paradise Pier Hotel
Nov 30, 2017 $372.80
Dec 1, 2017 $432.00
Dec 2, 2017 $432.00

Thanks for sharing your experiences...I didn't even think about block out dates! Would you mind sharing what dates they told you were blocked out? @Hofmanns4 Also are you just going to try to upgrade your tickets to PH when you get there for your trip or is that something you have asked Disney about & are waiting to hear back? Please report back & let me know as we would really like to upgrade to hoppers also!

Thanks for sharing your experiences...I didn't even think about block out dates! Would you mind sharing what dates they told you were blocked out? @Hofmanns4 Also are you just going to try to upgrade your tickets to PH when you get there for your trip or is that something you have asked Disney about & are waiting to hear back? Please report back & let me know as we would really like to upgrade to hoppers also!
I asked if it was possible to upgrade to Park Hoppers and was told no. I'll take a picture of my ticket, and post later. I think it has on there that no upgrades were allowed. They have block out dates as to busy events happening, although we were able to have our dates of Nov 30 - Dec 3rd. Which was Candlelight weekend, which is busy. I was told they have limited rooms set aside for contest wins. And tend to block out for holidays. They'll let you know quickly whether there is availability for the dates you pick or to pick another date.

IMG_5268.JPG Here's what our park tickets looked like that we got for the contest win.
"Non Refundable, Not Upgradeable, No Cash Value"
"Admit one. Nontransferable, must be used by the same person on any and all days."

I was going to wait until I get confirmation of my dates to ask about PH. And if promotions says no, I will ask at check-in in case there is something the hotel can do. I will ask nicely and will not be mad if they say no. I figure it can't hurt to ask :)

2018 blockout dates on my letter are:

Jan 1-3 & 11-15
Mar 24-31
Apr 1-8
May 10-15
July 2-5 & 15-18
Aug 30 to Sept 3
Nov 8-12 & 20-25
Dec 21-31

I was going to wait until I get confirmation of my dates to ask about PH. And if promotions says no, I will ask at check-in in case there is something the hotel can do. I will ask nicely and will not be mad if they say no. I figure it can't hurt to ask :)

Jan 1-3 & 11-15
Mar 24-31
Apr 1-8
May 10-15
July 2-5 & 15-18
Aug 30 to Sept 3
Nov 8-12 & 20-25
Dec 21-31
That's interesting and good to know about actual block out dates. Neither of my wins had it listed. So, that is helpful for winners to know.
And yes, definitely if others have said "no" on something..... it doesn't hurt to ask, as things can change and different CM's seem to have authority to do different things.

Jan 1-3 & 11-15
Mar 24-31
Apr 1-8
May 10-15
July 2-5 & 15-18
Aug 30 to Sept 3
Nov 8-12 & 20-25
Dec 21-31
This is super helpful because we are trying to plan when we could go as a family & was hoping that the end of July & beginning of August wouldn't be blocked out because that's what we are leaning towards doing since we were planning to come to Cali to hit the beach then anyways! @Hofmanns4 Curious to know when you pay taxes & about how much it was if you don't mind sharing? Feel free to DM if you would rather! Thanks again for all the info:)

This is super helpful because we are trying to plan when we could go as a family & was hoping that the end of July & beginning of August wouldn't be blocked out because that's what we are leaning towards doing since we were planning to come to Cali to hit the beach then anyways! @Hofmanns4 Curious to know when you pay taxes & about how much it was if you don't mind sharing? Feel free to DM if you would rather! Thanks again for all the info:)
For taxes you'll receive a tax form from the radio station with the value of the prize and then you add that to your income tax paper work. Taxes you may owe depends on your income.

If I recall, last year I won 4 tickets and I think the tax form was for $775 taxed winnings. The year before that I won a trip with hotel and I think that was about $1700 in taxed winnings. Free is never Free :)

On the contest rules it should state what the value of the prize is. Both of my last 2 winnings were approx valued at $3,100 each. The winnings both times were for 4 people.

If I recall, last year I won 4 tickets and I think the tax form was for $775 taxed winnings. The year before that I won a trip with hotel and I think that was about $1700 in taxed winnings. Free is never Free :)
So true! Just trying to prepare my husband for any surprises such as this...he's not exactly a Disney lover but tolerates it for me & our kids. :)

Jan 1-3 & 11-15
Mar 24-31
Apr 1-8
May 10-15
July 2-5 & 15-18
Aug 30 to Sept 3
Nov 8-12 & 20-25
Dec 21-31

If the tickets say non upgradeable, no CM, manager or otherwise, would be able to upgrade them, even if you paid the fee. No comp tickets are upgradeable.

Hey I won a similar package from 96.9 here in Phoenix 3 years ago this is what happened: I went to the station and filled out tax information they said wait 4 to 6 weeks Disney will send you an info packet. About two weeks later I got the packet which was a congrats letter and then a letter to fill out. On that letter I had to pick three different vacation times all at least one month apart and I had the rest of that year (it was January) to pick from. I had to state the names and ages of everyone in my party. I sent it in and a month later they sent another letter saying we would be staying at Paradise Pier and on our first choice days.
I did not try to add days and the tickets I won were already hoppers so I am not sure about that.
Hope this helps.
Hi again! Wondering if you requested the Paradise Pier hotel or it was just luck of the draw??? We would prefer there because it's the cheapest & we need another room to fit our family! TIA for any info you can give me! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!