Anyone ever won a Disneyland trip through the radio???

SeiterClan

DIS Veteran
I just got a phone call saying I won a Disneyland Resort vacation package that includes 2 nights hotel stay at a Disney resort & four 3 day/1 park per day passes! I haven't picked up the paperwork from the station & won't hear details from Disney for 6-8 weeks but I'm wondering a few things...
1)Can I stay at any of the 3 Disney resorts based on availability?
2)Can the tickets be upgraded to PH's or add more days?
3)How long do I have to use the package?
Any answers to the above ?'s would be awesome or any other helpful info would be awesome!

TIA :) & Happy Holidays!!!

I just got a phone call saying I won a Disneyland Resort vacation package that includes 2 nights hotel stay at a Disney resort & four 3 day/1 park per day passes! I haven't picked up the paperwork from the station & won't hear details from Disney for 6-8 weeks but I'm wondering a few things...
Any answers to the above ?'s would be awesome or any other helpful info would be awesome!

I have no idea what the answers are but I wanted to say
ww0098.gif

I have never but i do remember someone posting on one of the threads that they had won tickets over the radio. I think it was in the December check in thread. Hopefully they are still on the boards and can answer your questions.

I have never but i do remember someone posting on one of the threads that they had won tickets over the radio. I think it was in the December check in thread. Hopefully they are still on the boards and can answer your questions.
Thank you! I'll check it out. :) I try to stay off the DIS unless I'm planning a trip because it's too hard to read about when i know I can't go lol. :)

so i was right it was on the December thread page 2. Here is what they said:

I'm joining in ..... I won a trip for 4 for 3 days !!!! Contest win included flights, ground transportation, Resort stay and Park tickets !
Feel free to add us to list !
We're going Nov 30th - Dec 3rd. I extended our stay to an extra day.
We are booked for Flights, ground Transportation to and from the airport. Staying at Disney's Grand Californian ! I'm taking my 2 GDD's (10 & 8 yrs old), plus my son & DIL.

°o° We're so excited !!!

I'm joining in ..... I won a trip for 4 for 3 days !!!! Contest win included flights, ground transportation, Resort stay and Park tickets !
We are booked for Flights, ground Transportation to and from the airport. Staying at Disney's Grand Californian ! I'm taking my 2 GDD's (10 & 8 yrs old), plus my son & DIL.

°o° We're so excited !!!
Cool! Sounds somewhat similar...we live in AZ so no flights or transportation but it's a pretty short drive for us!!! Maybe I'll send them a PM.:) Thanks again!

Hey I won a similar package from 96.9 here in Phoenix 3 years ago this is what happened: I went to the station and filled out tax information they said wait 4 to 6 weeks Disney will send you an info packet. About two weeks later I got the packet which was a congrats letter and then a letter to fill out. On that letter I had to pick three different vacation times all at least one month apart and I had the rest of that year (it was January) to pick from. I had to state the names and ages of everyone in my party. I sent it in and a month later they sent another letter saying we would be staying at Paradise Pier and on our first choice days.
I did not try to add days and the tickets I won were already hoppers so I am not sure about that.
Hope this helps.

Hey I won a similar package from 96.9 here in Phoenix 3 years ago this is what happened: I went to the station and filled out tax information they said wait 4 to 6 weeks Disney will send you an info packet. About two weeks later I got the packet which was a congrats letter and then a letter to fill out. On that letter I had to pick three different vacation times all at least one month apart and I had the rest of that year (it was January) to pick from. I had to state the names and ages of everyone in my party. I sent it in and a month later they sent another letter saying we would be staying at Paradise Pier and on our first choice days.
I did not try to add days and the tickets I won were already hoppers so I am not sure about that.
Hope this helps.
Definately helpful thank you! We really have to strategize when we go bc I have six kids so we would need to reserve another room & buy 4 more sets of tickets for our whole family of 8 to go! Mine is through 99.9 KEZ:)

°o° We're so excited !!!

That was me !!!!

But I wasn't called and told I won. I had to call in to a local radio station and be the 8th caller with the clue for the day. I have received "spam" calls saying I'd won a Disney vacation and Disney Cruises. They were fake. So, be careful if you received a call. My advice would be to check online about the company that called you and get their direct number. If they say it's a radio station, get that radios direct number and call and ask them about the call. Do an internet search about the number that called you. Hopefully you did win ! Just be cautious with giving out personal information.

We had a fabulous fun time on our trip !!!
Our stay at DGC was very nice.
We were there during Candlelight Processional weekend, but just avoided the main entrance area during that time. Yes, it was busy all over. But we just expected it and we're patient. We also got MaxPass and loved it ! Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout was soooo much fun.

Congratulations if you did win !!!

If you're able to, please report back and let us know about your winning. Had you entered the contest that they called you about ?

SeiterClan you asked :
You get to request your choices. Our 1st choice was DGC and we got it !
I won a radio contest last year also and with that DLH was the only hotel with availability for the contest win.
They have limited rooms for contest wins.
Disney usually does not allow you to upgrade the tickets when they are from a contest win. We have tried, but they have been strict with the tickets we have gotten. But it doesn't hurt to ask.
The trips I have won :
Won in Feb 2016 had to be used by mid Dec 2016.
Won in March 2017 had to be used by mid Dec 2017.
My paperwork had the "use by date" on it.
I had to submit 3 different dates. Our first choice for 2017 wasn't available, but my second choice was.

Disney will let you add more dates to your stay and they will give you a courtesy quote with a discount.

Feel free to ask any more questions. I might have the answer.

@cinder-ellah I was a little skeptical too but I did enter the contest multiple times(which is allowed)--it was a text to win contest ie. they give out a key word at a certain time & you text it back which I did daily for a few weeks several times a day! I actually called the number back & it was legitimately the radio station & I received a detailed email after saying I need to go down to the station to fill out paperwork:) Curious to know if you were allowed to pick which of the Disney hotels you stayed at & dates? Also were your tickets PH's or could they be upgraded? Wondering if they had any fine print on the tickets???

You get to request your choices. Ours was DHC and we got it !
I won a radio contest last year also and with that DLH was the only hotel with availability for the contest win.
Disney usually does not allow you to upgrade the tickets when they are from a contest win. We have tried, but they have been strict with the tickets we have gotten. But it doesn't hurt to ask.
The trips I have won :
Won in Feb 2016 had to be used by mid Dec 2016.
Won in March 2017 had to be used by mid Dec 2017.
My paperwork had the "use by date" on it.
I had to submit 3 different dates. Our first choice for 2017 wasn't available, but my second choice was.

Disney will let you add more dates to your stay and they will give you a courtesy quote with a discount.

Feel free to ask any more questions. I might have the answer.
Super helpful info! Wondering if they would let me book an additional room? We are a family of 8--6 kids & 2 adults!!!

Super helpful info! Wondering if they would let me book an additional room? We are a family of 8--6 kids & 2 adults!!!
Yes, I had asked about getting another room for the same time and was told yes. They quoted me an additional room rate at a discount.
They would not let us upgrade the contest win to a suite. Standard room only and we also were not allowed to add and pay for Club Level.

We had a great time !

@cinder-ellah I was a little skeptical too but I did enter the contest multiple times(which is allowed)--it was a text to win contest ie. they give out a key word at a certain time & you text it back which I did daily for a few weeks several times a day! I actually called the number back & it was legitimately the radio station & I received a detailed email after saying I need to go down to the station to fill out paperwork:) Curious to know if you were allowed to pick which of the Disney hotels you stayed at & dates? Also were your tickets PH's or could they be upgraded? Wondering if they had any fine print on the tickets???
Yay !!!! Congratulations !
So happy for you !!!!

We got to pick our hotel, but it all depends on availability. So start with your first choice.
DGC have the smallest rooms, but we still love it and only 3 of us stayed there. So plenty of room. But by small (as some say) we loved it. The room can sleep 5, with a flip style couch that converts to a twin bed.
DLH has the lighted headboards which are beautiful.
PPH .... I think their rooms are the largest of the standard rooms. And I like staying there also. But it's the furthest walk. You can no longer enter DTD through the main entrance to DGC on Disneyway (I think that's the street name). But it's really not that long of a walk to security to DTD. You can take a shortcut from DTD into DGC and exit out of their main entrance towards PPH.

If you want the closest, request DGC.

Last edited:
In post #5 you mention
I try to stay off the DIS unless I'm planning a trip because it's too hard to read about when i know I can't go lol. :)

If you haven't been on the site for awhile here are a few threads you might want to view as you decide how to collect your winnings.

Are you aware of Disney's newest Hotel construction plan? How it impacts DLH, PPH and far end of DTD.... and it's timing...
http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...re-details-and-location-for-new-luxury-hotel/

Have you seen the list of Closures? DCA is re-doing the pier..... and it's timing....
http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/plan.htm#rehab

Events and school schedules for 2018....... Figment_jii's thread gives you the skinny, month to month for 2018
https://www.disboards.com/threads/2018-calendar-of-events-school-breaks-and-dlr.3635162/

Enjoy your planning.

Geemo

@SeiterClan you will probably also receive vouchers for the Disneyland Express Bus. I asked them how much to add an extra person and have gotten them added for free. Just ask how much additional people would be to add to your group. They might allow another for free or atleast tell you what to do. I didn't ask for it to be free. It might depend on who you talk to or what that CM can do. They'll atleast get you info as to how to add more or who to contact so you can do it.

The above info from @Geemo is very valuable in helping with when to go.

And if you can afford MaxPass .... I highly recommend it. It was $10 per day per person. I've heard after the 1st they may be raising the price.

Wishing you lots of Pixie Dust and fun on your trip !

@SeiterClan you will probably also receive vouchers for the Disneyland Express Bus. I asked them how much to add an extra person and have gotten them added for free. Just ask how much additional people would be to add to your group. They might allow another for free or atleast tell you what to do. I didn't ask for it to be free. It might depend on who you talk to or what that CM can do. They'll atleast get you info as to how to add more or who to contact so you can do it.

The above info from @Geemo is very valuable in helping with when to go.

And if you can afford MaxPass .... I highly recommend it. It was $10 per day per person. I've heard after the 1st they may be raising the price.

Wishing you lots of Pixie Dust and fun on your trip !
If the $10 per person for MP is not possible, I recommend getting MP for at least one person.
One of the features of MP is unlimited photos, both ride photos and those taken by Disney photographers.

If you were to split up during the day and you get the ride photo numbers they can be added to the MP photo pass.
Same for the cards the photographers pass out after taking pic's. Those photo cards can be added to the MP photo pass.

Our first trip when my son was 2 I won through the radio! It was WDW, not DL though. I was able to pick ANY hotel I wanted! We picked the YC for 5 nights, and then extended an additional 2 nights. It was an amazing trip!

Where did you see this? We will be there Jan 2-5 and where planning on getting the MP.
thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!