• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone ever mail photographs as POSTCARDS?

Imzadi

♥ Saved by an angel in a trench coat!
When I have a sale work, we usually mail out (cardstock) postcards with a picture. Those are pricey. I'd like to take advantage of the various online deals for some free 4x6 pictures and send those out AS postcards instead.

Anyone ever just sent out photographs (on photo paper?) Will the post office accept them, mail them back or just toss them as they are not cardstock? Does it matter to them, they have so many rules & regulations.:earboy2: They are only going across town. Don't some photo companies make Christmas postcards on the same photo paper to be sent out?

I have never actually been the one to send the photo, but twice I have received 4 x 6 photos as a postcard. The send was on vacation each time and they simply written on the back exactly like you would a postcard and then stamped it with a postcard stamp. It had been put through the postal stamp thing and the photo was not harmed in any way. These weren't photos I would ever scrap, but it was nice to get from our friends. I have thought before about doing this, but never seem to actually get to it. You might call your local PO and see what they say. Good luck.
Lisa
Tiger Fan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter