Anyone ever get the Luxury at Sea gift package?

I haven't, but am seriously considering this for my May cruise. (Glad they changed the cheesy "romance at sea" name) From everything I've read, the robes are superb - they are that nice soft fluffy material, not a cotton terry or waffle material if that makes sense.

I ordered the romance at sea package a couple years ago and the robes are a sort of plush material. Very cozy.

One thing to remember when ordering this package is to leave room in your suitcase for bringing home two robes! If you fold them tightly it helps, but they do take up a bit of space. We enjoyed the package when we ordered it, and still have the robes four years later.

Looked into this a bit more; the robes with the package seem to be more universally enjoyed; they are that plush "sherpa" like material. One size fits most. You can also buy robes at shopdisney.com or in the gift shops, and these are described as being more of a terry inside (though still polyester, so not absorbent) and silky/smooth exterior; they come in sizes though, and are significantly pricier.

One thing to remember when ordering this package is to leave room in your suitcase for bringing home two robes! If you fold them tightly it helps, but they do take up a bit of space. We enjoyed the package when we ordered it, and still have the robes four years later.
Ours came in a bag, those are helpful for packing as well since you got to stuff the robes in them lol

And how was the chocolate that came with it?? Yeah I live in Switzerland so a bit of a chocolate snob ahah :D.

I ordered this for our March 2nd cruise. It is a nice "one time" package. The Santa Elvira Prosecco was pleasant tasting, runs about $18-$19 a bottle. The rose was very pretty, good quality, fun to watch it opening over the days, the candy was "yuk", tasted like nothing, no flavor. The robes were plush, very large and they do take up about half a suitcase so plan accordingly. My only complaint besides the candy being yuk, is the robes are made out of 100% plastic (polyester). I am glad we bought the package, maybe someday the package will include better tasting candy and robes made out of natural materials, cotton waffle robes would be awesome and take up less space in one's luggage. (If you want to see the photos larger, just click on them).

Kate

Bed swag.jpg bag and robe.jpg Robe.jpg robe logo.jpg made in china.jpg Polyester.jpg Candy copy.jpg Rose.jpg Prosecco copy.jpg Santa Elvira Procecco .jpg

I ordered this for our March 2nd cruise. It is a nice "one time" package. The Santa Elvira Prosecco was pleasant tasting, runs about $18-$19 a bottle. The rose was very pretty, good quality, fun to watch it opening over the days, the candy was "yuk", tasted like nothing, no flavor. The robes were plush, very large and they do take up about half a suitcase so plan accordingly. My only complaint besides the candy being yuk, is the robes are made out of 100% plastic (polyester). I am glad we bought the package, maybe someday the package will include better tasting candy and robes made out of natural materials, cotton waffle robes would be awesome and take up less space in one's luggage. (If you want to see the photos larger, just click on them).

Kate

View attachment 389413 View attachment 389412 View attachment 389418 View attachment 389419 View attachment 389415 View attachment 389416 View attachment 389414 View attachment 389420 View attachment 389417 View attachment 389421

Thank you! I think I’m gonna surprise my hubby and go for it.

I'm having 2nd thoughts! It's quite pricey for robes ... sigh.
I thought so, too. However;
robes in the gift shop cost more for just one.
Excursions are pricey compared to what it would cost if you weren’t going through Disney.
You get other things that are nice.
It’s a great surprise for the other person.

I think I’ve really convinced myself, now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter