Anyone ever get a bad rash on their legs when they walk in the heat?

Okay im just a south ga boy what do i know ?You may think i just fell off the turnip truck,HA HA.Oh im sorry that was the watermelon truck! try some meat tenderizer, it breaks down the protien that they inject into u., Well it works in south Ga, maybe it will work 4 u in scotland good luck,and let me know if it helps,if not just call me a south ga reneck.

You mean like "Adolf's Meat tenderizer?" Do you apply it when your skin is wet? Will I look like I have salt on me??? Tell us more, please.

Yes thats the one,Wet it a little to make a paste, and apply to bite ! It works great on BEE and Wasp bites,I read this in some first aid manual somewhere,And yes you will be able to see it on your self,But the manner that it works is to break down the protiens|bites, stings,The protien is the matter that you have a reaction too,Im no doctor ican only say it does work!And the name brand makes no matter.:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I swear by Gold Bond powder. I put that on my legs in the summertime, and am not bothered by heat rash.

oh boy.. where to start..
first experience was in Mexico.. itchy rash, I cried to my now hubby because 'I ruined vacation' mexico pharmacies have 5% hydrocortisone... didn't help.
2nd experience was WDW - emergency room, shot of cortisone (in my butt, it hurt) and prescription strength benedryl and a 'cortisone pack' pills for a week.. NO CREAM.. Cream traps the histimines and they can't escape so the itch is made worse..
Cold showers.. oatmeal baths.. NO CREAM, NO ALOE.. Benedryl...

We think it might have been the sunblock.. now I ONLY wear Neutorgena (sp??) oil free, everything free... and Copertone hypo allergenic.

NO PABA - NO NOTHING..

SO, we leave tonight.. and what do you know.. I left my benedryls (prescription) at home - so I will be leaving work early to run home and get them.. NO CHANCING it at WDW this weekend!!

I get this rash any time I'm in the sun any length of time. And I get it everywhere. Then it goes to blisters.
It put a major crimp in my vacation last year.

Be careful.

I couldn't believe this post when I saw it!! YES!! It happened to me in June. I am not susseptible (sp) to rashes or skin allergies, so when I saw my legs after day 2, I was quite shocked. Bumps were everywhere from my ankles to my thighs. DH & I were grasping at straws trying to figure out where it came from. Here are some theories, neither of which seem to be the correct answer. (1)Use of cheap, poor quality disposible razor without shaving cream (We only took a trial size can, barely enough for DH's face). (2) Excessive perspiration irritating the legs and creating an environment for bacteria to thrive (bacteria picked up from ride and restaurant seats). (3) Allergic reaction to Disney soap (I don't really buy this one-I've used Dis soap on many other trips)

Anyway, it looked and felt horrible and took nearly a week after the trip to clear up. My only relief on the trip was soaking in a warm tub. Next time, I will pack the bendryl and cortisone cream.

I love these boards!! Just when you think you're "all alone" with certain Disney experiences, along come others who have "been there done that".

Thanks.

Oh my, when I started this thread I never imagined that there would be this many people who had this problem. I have taken all of your suggestions to heart, and went to Wal-Mart and bought every single remedy that each of you suggested. I think I'll need almost a whole suitcase for my leg-rash kit. ;) Thanks for all of the advice. Keep it coming! :D

we were in WDW the end of August and my DH got a rash from the tops of his sox to his knees.

I told him that people on this board were complaining about the same thing. He is skeptical when i mention the source of all my Disney knowledge.

This is what he came up with -- As we were walking and had hands full, he scratched his legs with his foot. So he feels that something on the bottom of his shoes caused the rash on the legs since it was not on arms or face etc.

Does this make sense? Maybe the combination of sweat and whatever from bottom of your shoes could cause a reaction. We were at the resort store buying balmex, hydrocortisone and anything they had in sight to releave the itch.

jo

We just got back, and I had heard so much about the leg rash, so I told dh to make sure to get sunscreen all over your legs. Much to my surprise, my rash showed up on my arms and shoulders, and next to my sandal straps. It only itched on the back of one hand,but we have been home for 3 1/2 days, and I still have bumps all over my arms and some on my legs. Very strange. I went to the first aid stations twice, and both people said it was a reaction to sunscreen. It's the same that I have used at home, but I am not using that kind again, just in case. It got worse in the sun, and after the pool everyday. It did not come close to ruining my vacation, but it sure was irritating, and I looked a little odd LOL.

Erika

I almost fell out of my chair when I read this thread!! I get this every summer when it gets hot and humid for several weeks at a time. Never have found anyone else who had it, just assumed I was weird! I use a prescription strength cortisone cream on mine.

i had read awhile ago that this could be caused by something that they clean the pavement with reflecting on your legs. i have had this rash both times at Disney and never anywhere else. it does not itch just big red blotches from socks to edge of shorts.

Skeesixspud above is absolutely correct. I have had this on and off for years whenever I go on vacation. It's always gone away by the time I get home to Washington, DC and I never have been able to show a doctor. But, this year in Hawaii it happened and I went to the hotel doctor who told me it was POLYMORPHOUS LIGHT SENSITIVITY and used the term "eruption." He said the problem was going RAPIDLY from dark to light and said next time to try to get some sun ahead of time. I'm not a sun-worshipper but anything is better than all that burning and itching! We're going in January to WDW so I better start now! LOL!

Good luck everybody!

I have seen LOTS of People with this rash in WDW and Always wondered why these peoples legs looked SOOO bad! About 5 months ago, I read a thread on this and they called it "Tourists Rash" because the people that would get this rash were ALL from the NORTH! I am born and raised in Fl. and Have NEVER gotten it. Good luck to you all, and hope it does not bother you too much, you might try going to WDW in the Winter Months! (Dec, Jan. Feb).;)

I was reading our Minneapolis paper yesterday and came across a daily column where apparently in his Wed. column, he happened to mention a rash he got on his legs at our State Fair. It generated a flood of calls and e-mails from people who have had the same thing, both at our fair and when on vacation in other places LOL. I guess it is not strictly a Disney thing.

Erika

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter