• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone ever done the smaller 'brag books'?

TheOtherVillainess

Luminous beings we are, not this crude matter.....
Once I get done in April with DS's "My First Year' scrapbook, I want to do smaller 'brag books' (I think that's what they are called) of DH and I's honeymoon and second trip to WDW together from 3 years ago. Anyone ever done them? Are they easier or harder than normal scrapbooks to complete? Can you complete them in an hour or two (as I've heard)??? Can you buy supplies at your local scrapping store or do you have to go someplace else, like a specialty store on the web?

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

TOV

I did a 6x6 book for my MIL. I just took 12x12 paper that I liked and cut it in 4. I did 2 page layouts and would use the other bits for matting on another page. It was the first book I did and it took me weeks! I just used regular embellishments. I am not sure if these are the books that you are talking about.

I've done several 7x7 as gifts and one for me (CM Disney one). I find that each page is just about as long to do as a full size, but you put fewer pictures on it. They're great to show people quickly, but no easier to do.

I have done a couple of smaller books and I look at it as a break. I did a 6x6 book for my son's preschool year and cut up 12x12 pages to fit. It took me about a week to finish but there was a lot of journaling. I have also done 4 brag books for grandparents and that was super easy. I used Mrs. Grossman's 5x7 books which come with pages and you can buy refills. I did one matted picture and sometimes one embellishment and then printed the title of each page directly on the page that came with the protector. It was very easy and took a couple of nights to finish (once I decided on pictures and had reprints made, LOL!).

The smallest brag book I did was for my son's class. I was supposed to go in and speak about my hobby (scrapbooking!) so I decided to have them all make mini-brag books. I scored a sheet of 12x4 sheet of cardstock so the kids could accordian fold it into 4ths. Then I gave them border stickers and markers and they decorated their books. I die cut letters and ran them through the xyron ahead of time so they could put their initial on the front. We attached ribbon to the back and tied it in the front. Then they were supposed to take them home for their parents to put in wallet photos. It was easy enough for kindergarteners to do and the teacher asked if she could make one too!

I hope this helps.

I did a brag book as a gift for my mother-in-law for her birthday in July. It was an according style album and it took me about 1.5 hours to finish it! I thought it turned out pretty well for less than 2 hours.

Here it is: (sorry pics are looooong)
bragbook1.jpg

bragbook2.jpg

bragbook3.jpg

I also did a much larger brag book for my hubby as a bday gift but this one
took me days! It was the first time I used an 8 x 8 album and I fell in love with the size!!!

I plan on doing my chronological albums in this size from now on, but I will be doing them digitally!

http://www.cassworld.ca/tzaralbum.htm

I think how long it takes on any scrapping project it relative....
I have pumped out a little brag book for my sister in law in a morning (including making the book out of cardboard and paper!)
and then I have taken a few weeks on some - with a lot more detail on layouts and more embellishments and computer journalling!

It can take as little or as long as you want it too!

I just finished a 8x8 20 page album for a baby shower gift and it took be about a day and a half to get it done.

Ok..thanks. Once I finish DS's "My First Year" book, I'll be doing smaller 'brag books' for each of our two trips to WDW as a couple. :) We have the photos in photo albums that were given to us as wedding presents that I REALLY REALLY hate. They are silver and tarnished because I'm too lazy to go buy polish for them. :laughing:

TOV

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter