Anyone ever change a non-refundable airline ticket?

roliepolieoliefan

DIS Veteran
We are scheduled to go to WDW in a month. My cousin at the last minute decided to go with her family. I was thinking of extending our vacation. Is it a major hassle to change the tickets? I know it will cost 100.00 per ticket, is that the only charge? THX!!!

Possibly no, what will happen is that a new ticket will be issued, with a credit going towards new ticket for the price of your old ticket less the $100 change fee. It's possible that the fare now available could be higher than the one you paid, making the difference be more than $100. I'd check the fare for the new flights you want first, just to make sure that you're not going to be paying a huge increase in fare.

It depends on the airline I think. We had to switch our Delta Express tickets to different dates 2 years ago and only had to pay the $50 per ticket charge.

Give your airline a call.

Jel0511 has the current info ... check with your airline, but many are instituting policies to make sure they maximize their profit on ANY change. A last minute change (or any change) to nonrefundable tix is going to be costly. I would call your airline first and ask. Like with Disney, if you don't like the answer, call again... who knows, you may get someone who's a little more sympathetic and willing to bend a little. (Hey, sometimes Disney magic's been know to fall on airlines, too. It's rare, but it does happen occasionally!) ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter