Anyone else with child w/special needs?

ptrbryant

DIS Veteran
I was just curious if anyone else here has a child with special needs of any kind. Our DS is 6 yo and has auditory processing and articulation problems, which he received therapy for 2x a week. We went to WDW for the first time in May 2002 and, while we're not HUGE Disney fans, the experience DID turn us into major WDW fans. It was so incredible to watch DS as he experienced one magical thing after another and I don't think it's my imagination that he became much more talkative in general after the trip...big motivation for people to understand him about what WDW is like!
We're planning on going back Jan. - Feb. 2003--the earliest our budget will allow.
How would you describe your experience there with your child?
Thanks!
Karla :Pinkbounc

A lot of people who have children with special needs hang out on the disABILITIES Board. Click on the link in my signature to get there.
Most of us feel that a WDW trip is quite therapeutic, so we go as often as we can. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter