Anyone else started Christmas shopping ?

I got my 1st 2 gifts today...Savannah Bee sent me a 20% off code (which pays for shipping and gives me a $1 or $2 off), and its my 2 teen girls guilty pleasure, so I bought them each a different raw honey honeycomb set...as a small company, I wanted to buy early anyway b/c they are the type of place to get overwhelmed, and it shouldn't even get here til almost Halloween, so I felt even better giving it time.

I'm trying to find these "small splurge" "indulgent" gifts for my 2 teens b/c they love them...I have a tea company to look for next (since 1 teen loves expensive apple teas)...

Got a whole bunch done this week! Between Amazon and running to Kohl's I also got some decent deals!

So now I am totally finished with:
Cousin's husband (like a BIL to me) - Got him 2 Star Wars Tshirts and a fun grilling apron
Nephew 1 - Nike sweatshirt (I warned him this is all he would get if that is what he wanted because it is expensive)
Nephew 2 - Tshirt and a couple puzzles
Nephew 3 - (new baby) Stuffed animal, book, 2 cute top and pant sets, and a pack of onesies
Niece 1 - Champions sweatshirt and some slipper socks
Niece 2 - Lots of playdoh, a book, a top and pant set, and a sweatshirt

I still need (will put what I have already done in parenthesis):
Nephew 4 - Some sort of STEM or science kit (already have a tshirt for him)
Nephew 5 - Most likely a couple books
Niece 3 - Wants a sweatshirt from this rapper she likes (already have slipper socks)
Cousin 1 - Witch's Spell Ornament and ... something...
Cousin 2 - Same as Cousin 1
Aunt 1 - No damn clue
Uncle - See Aunt 1
Aunt 2 - Witch's Spell Ornament
Best Friend - No ideas besides what I have (already have a mug and a moon phases wall decoration)

bulk of presents will be for DD, SIL and 18 month old grandson.

Grandson will get a deposit into his education fund, yesterday GAP jeans were on sale 50% off, and my Daughter feels they don’t get cheaper than that. She is trying to decide what toy we can get him. (grandson has 3 sets of grandparents, so we follow what she wants on actual gifts). DH will always pick out a toy of his choosing. And I will pick out a book.

Last year we got DD/SIL tickets to see Lion King. But I know they do not want an experience gift while Covid is still hanging around. So, I’m not sure what their big gift will be. I got DD a Cricut foil transfer bundle :), and we got SIL a “hot shot” car battery charger. And we typically get them a AAA annual membership, but not sure we will continue that. (They are both working from home, so not driving much right now,)

I am going to get DH a travel kit for organizing cords for charging phones/iPads. Someone ekse on the DIS is getting there college student one, I looked it up, and something Like that will be perfect for DH.

OP here...

It's been a while since I have really anything to report...

My neighbor/ good friend hit the stores early yesterday morning.

One store that was on both our list was Belk... they had what they were calling Black Friday sale... 80 percent off sterling silver earring's, I picked up two pairs, one for DD a really nice pair of dangle double hearts, and I bought myself a pair of Gaelic Cross earring to replace ones that went missing on a cruise. They were 50.00 bucks each... I paid 10.00 bucks per pair... so pretty dang good... I also went as they had some lighter weight coats on sale for 21.00 which of course the only sizes they had we extra small or small... so not going that route... I looked for some nicer shirts for DD and my SIL and nothing struck me, the had some pretty good deals, just the styles or colors where not what either would have liked...
My friend got the prettiest necklace in gold with these dangling leaves perfect for fall, it was 7.99... which was pretty good since the original price was like 45.00 dollars... and I think she picked up a something else for one of her DD's.

We hit Penny's up, and all I can say was wow... all the clearance.... I never have seen so much clearance in any store ever... I picked up 2 shirts for myself around 16.00 bucks for both... I was hoping to find some slim fit pants for my DGS, nothing... Our Penny's kids dept. is just terrible..
They also had some pillows ( bed pillows) on sale that I wanted to check out... and they never received them... so I struck out there... Of course I was told I could order them on line... I told the girl if I wanted to order on line, I would have.. It really burns my cookies, that every-time you ask a question that you are told order on line... I don't want to order on line... Why in the world would I come to the store if I wanted to order on line... Rubbish... Just Rubbish... My friend hit the Jackpot, she found 2 pair of shorts, and 4 shirts... and got out the door for under 30.00...

We went to Ross, and I found another chef's mat for my kitchen, in front of my stove... 14.99... and I picked up some hair accessories for DD... They had the good hair clips that she likes.. 2.99 each... I found a set of glasses that I really liked... I'm glad I checked them, one was missing and another one had a chip and a crack... so no go... My friend got a few items, she had a cart full... I really don't know what she ended up with.. I know she said she spent more than she wanted to..

We hit the dollar store... I picked up my Christmas bags, boxes, and wrapping paper... They had Star Wars and Mickey and Minnie... as well as some cleaning items. So I do feel better that I got some Christmas wrapping stuff...

TJ Maxx was a bust for both of us... Our store is so hit or miss...

We hit up Old Navy... I did find a pair of slim fit jeans for my DGS... I found a pair in clearance for him to try.. If they work than I will go back and get him some for Christmas... and hopefully they will be on sale... regular price 34.99... for kids jeans... I really can't see paying that, when in 3 months he is going to out grow them..

I was on the look out for ornaments for the stocking this year... and absolutely nothing...

I have picked out some of the bigger gifts, I want DH to go with me to check them out before I buy them..

I might go back out later today... I will keep you guys posted...

Happy Shopping everyone...

Kohls sent out an extra 40% coupon so I got most of my family taken care of plus some stocking stuffers. Got $20 kohl's cash with that so I bought two free gifts so now I'm done Christmas shopping! Well aside from a few more stocking stuffers for the boyfriend and mom. It's relieving.

Usually we put Christmas money toward travel with our adult children, but that won't be happening in 2021. We talked to all the kids (and their spouses/significant others) and decided that in lieu of buying each other Christmas presents each family is going to donate what they would have spent to a local charity of their choice. None of us want/need anything and the youngest is 27 so we're out of the Santa years by a long way. There are still lots of people in our state that are in dire financial circumstances and we feel the money can best be spent that way.

For our nieces that live locally, I got wristlets that have a charger built in for a phone and I'm going to put money in besides.
For my nephew who lives locally, I got Beats headphones a while back using Best Buy rewards.
Out of state nieces and nephews are getting Amazon gift cards.
Still need to figure out something for my parents. We usually get them gift certificates to go out to eat, but they're not doing much of that right now.

charger wristlet? never heard of. link?

I am 99% done. only issue is inlaws. no restaurant gift cards this year! help!

My DH's birthday is November 30th and my mom's is December 30 so I have to shop for too. They are both difficult to shop for. I have gotten my DH a t-shirt I think he will like and I usually get my mom a gift card to somewhere she likes that's a splurge for her birthday. So far:
Christmas Eve pjs for: MIL, DH, DS, DM, me, both sons, and the dog. I need to try them on to make sure they fit.
DS13: A cozy from Sam's Club since he likes that sort of thing. I need to get a list from him
DS9: his Christmas Eve book (both kids get a book and pjs every Christmas Eve. I have a list from him that my DH and I need to look at.

I've also ordered our new LEGO Christmas Village set. We get a new one every year. I ordered it from LEGO earlier this year when they had 2x VIP points. It also came with two extra small sets I may use as stocking stuffers. It's on backorder so hopefully, it will arrive in time.

OK. Since last I've posted.... I basically went crazy.

My sister in laws are going in with me and we're buying a freezer and a foodsaver for my mother and father in law. I'm in charge of buying, I picked up the foodsaver and extra box of bags at Sams last week, just keeping at eye on freezers. I found three so far, but by the time I sent the link around they were out of stock, so next time I'm just going to pick it up.

I also got lego advent calendars on prime days, and a few other small things.

Hot Topic had a pretty great sale, so I bought a bunch of stuff for the four older girls, including Ravenclaws sneakers for the 12 year old. Then I stopped at BAM, hit clearance HARD, ended up signing up for the rewards card, then placing another on-line order for sale.

Then Kohls, got our matching Christmas pajamas (dinosaurs. I'm psyched,girls are psyched, husband is actually OK with them because there's a pun), and got the older girls boots for like $15. Ended up with $50 kohls cash which I spent on slippers for the 7 year old, a stuffed Pete the Cat and pete book, llama llama stuffie and book, and some random stocking stuffers and a joke toilet paper for our adult wrapped games that we play.

I've also got $60 in hot cash to spend starting the 5th, and honestly, I think that may just about finish it up. I cleaned out the closet and found some stuff that I picked up after Christmas last year (whoops?!), so we're doing pretty well!

I bought them in person at Van Heusen Outlet near my home this summer. They were on sale for about $10. Came in a variety of solid colors (black, gray, tan, red) and then some striped ones (blue/white, black/white, red/white). I thought they were really cute and a good idea. They're similar to this, but not at that price!

https://www.uncommongoods.com/product/smartphone-charging-wristlet

I found a lady near us who does wood ornaments and signs so I have ordered a few things from her and hope to get the bulk of my stuff from local smaller businesses. I am not sure what our Christmas will look like this year, we normally travelling and coming home just before Christmas so I get a lot of gifts while we are away. I plan on heading over to the mainland in a few weeks and while there I will make a stop at Hot Topic and Disney Store and hopefully get some more goodies to check off some of my list.

Last year I used the Santa's Bag app to record gifts in. Does anyone use this or any other app to keep track of things you've bought?

I use the Santas Bag app and have for a few years. Love it! It helps me keep track of what I’ve bought, if I’ve wrapped it and I keep a note of where I’ve hidden it to help me out.

You can still do restaurant gift cards, and use for curb side pick up or on-line for delivery... My parents like places like Sonny's, Bob Evans, KFC, A local burger place, local wing place, they normally order over the phone, and tell them that they will pay in gift cards when they arrive. They just call back and they bring out the order, and take the gift card... if there is any left over they let them know, and they always tip in cash... AS well they have asked or mentioned fast food GC... sometimes they might have each have appointments on the same day, or multiple appointments.. They do what I call making the loop, they hit the Doctors office, CVS, then Publix, then whatever restaurant and then head home... They do alot of family meals for 4 or 6 depending on where they stop, this keeps them from having to cook..and it last several days for just the 2 of them..

One thing I do for my parents every year is to fill one of those Styrofoam coolers with stuff they won't buy for themselves because "it's too expensive." Shrimp, scallops, salmon, T-bone steaks, nice roasts, etc. I usually spend $80-$100. I used to do Omaha Steaks but they got so expensive. I can get more from the local butcher and it's just as good.

One thing I do for my parents every year is to fill one of those Styrofoam coolers with stuff they won't buy for themselves because "it's too expensive." Shrimp, scallops, salmon, T-bone steaks, nice roasts, etc. I usually spend $80-$100. I used to do Omaha Steaks but they got so expensive. I can get more from the local butcher and it's just as good.

I'm that person - last year, before she passed, my mom did something similar for me, buying me fancy flavored bread dipping oils and finishing salts b/c I was too cheap to ever buy them. And they were and are still so good!:)

This year, my spouse has bought me chocolate honey for the same reason - it's dairy free and so good, but I'm too cheap to spend almost $20 for a small jar!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!