Anyone else seeing things attempt to download?

Dug720

See the line where the sky meets the sea?
At least on the Cruise board, I'm seeing downloads pop up about every three threads. I have no idea what they are as I'm just sending them to the trash... But is anyone else seeing this? (I'm using Firefox)

At least on the Cruise board, I'm seeing downloads pop up about every three threads. I have no idea what they are as I'm just sending them to the trash... But is anyone else seeing this? (I'm using Firefox)
I wonder if it has to do with the recent addition of the video advertisements at the bottom on the page?

Do you have any other extensions installed in Firefox that might be trying to download stuff?

This just started for me on Firefox as well, maybe in the past 2-4 days (give or take). The only way I found to stop it was to change my browser settings to always ask me for the location to store downloads. Then when the prompt comes up I click Cancel to stop the download.

The download files have an extension of .htm and the size is 0. Not sure what these files are, but I only get the prompt here on DISboards. It doesn't appear to be isolated to any particular forum, which makes me wonder if it's somehow ad-related. Due to past issues with ads here, I use AdBlock now so I don't see what ads are trying to display.

I'm using Chrome on my laptop or Safari on my phone, and I am not getting any "download" messages. I wonder if it's specific to Firefox.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter