Anyone Else Notice This?

SarahC97

DIS Veteran
Yesterday I was messing around with my July reservation (I'm booked with an AP discount). We decided to do a split stay because there were so many rooms open at various resorts. When I went to go change my reservation about three hours after I initially checked yesterday, the room inventory had reduced pretty sharply. I was specifically looking at CBR and there were a ton of room categories available for my dates -- now it's only Pirate rooms, which I don't want. Think the rooms will be back?

Also, I have one more question. I'm currently booked for 7 nights in a standard room at CBR. I wanted to reduce it to 5 nights to do a split stay at CR. But now it's saying there are no rooms available for the five nights I want to switch it to (which are dates covered in my reservation), I probably wouldn't have any better luck calling to try to change my reservation, would I? Even though I have a room technically booked for those nights anyway?

Yesterday I was messing around with my July reservation (I'm booked with an AP discount). We decided to do a split stay because there were so many rooms open at various resorts. When I went to go change my reservation about three hours after I initially checked yesterday, the room inventory had reduced pretty sharply. I was specifically looking at CBR and there were a ton of room categories available for my dates -- now it's only Pirate rooms, which I don't want. Think the rooms will be back?

I have seen room types go back and forth between available and not available, so I would keep checking as it is possible that what you want might become available.

Also, I have one more question. I'm currently booked for 7 nights in a standard room at CBR. I wanted to reduce it to 5 nights to do a split stay at CR. But now it's saying there are no rooms available for the five nights I want to switch it to (which are dates covered in my reservation), I probably wouldn't have any better luck calling to try to change my reservation, would I? Even though I have a room technically booked for those nights anyway?

What's available online is usually what a phone CM sees, but it doesn't hurt to call as sometimes guest services will override and make the change. Since a stay must be available as if it was a new reservation, the phone CMs usually aren't able to modify a reservation if there's no availability for the shorter stay. However, guest services has the ability to make that adjustment. In my experience, guest services has been very accommodating on these types of changes, but it's not always guaranteed they will do it. Good luck!

I usually do it by calling a CM first then they call over to guest services. Seems like it might not be so bad since you already have the room booked and you want to make it shorter but also add nights at a deluxe. More $$ for them

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!