Anyone else notice Hawaiian Air no air nozzles up top?

alldiz

DIS Veteran
Hi,
Just back and will post a review soon.

Only thing that really bugged me about trip the airplane. I have never been on a plane before where there is no air nozzle flow at seat.

I know some think its disgusting air but maybe I am immune to everything because that blows at me for 75 percent of the time on every flight I have ever been on.

So when I get on Hawaiian air for my 5 hour flight from LAX then again for my 10 hour flight on different aircraft and still no air nozzle on that plane.

Is this a new trend? If it is only on Hawaiian air I don't think I will fly them again.
Thanks
Kerri

We just flew back from Europe on an old 747 with British Airways. It did not have air nozzles either. It got very hot on the plane very fast until the captain started the AC.

We just flew back from Europe on an old 747 with British Airways. It did not have air nozzles either. It got very hot on the plane very fast until the captain started the AC.
Wow. I remember as a kid on TWA and Eastern airlines loved those nozzles so I was so surprised to not see it.
This was a newer plane I believe one of the segments had the lie flat seats.
Maybe they had them LOL.
Kerri

This issue isn't specific to Hawaiian Airlines...it's due to the aircraft. I believe Hawaiian flies the Airbus A330 to/from the West Coast. That's a wide-body plane with two aisles. Wider planes tend to have taller cabins than single-aisle planes. That's a function of the width needed for the extra seats and the basic oval shape of airplane structures.

So, wide-body planes will tend to feel more open because of that space. The downside is that the individual panels for each passenger (where you'd normally have your individual air nozzle) are further away. That's especially true for the seats in the middle of the cabin. The manufacturer doesn't include them because they'd be too far away to make much difference.

This issue isn't specific to Hawaiian Airlines...it's due to the aircraft. I believe Hawaiian flies the Airbus A330 to/from the West Coast. That's a wide-body plane with two aisles. Wider planes tend to have taller cabins than single-aisle planes. That's a function of the width needed for the extra seats and the basic oval shape of airplane structures.

So, wide-body planes will tend to feel more open because of that space. The downside is that the individual panels for each passenger (where you'd normally have your individual air nozzle) are further away. That's especially true for the seats in the middle of the cabin. The manufacturer doesn't include them because they'd be too far away to make much difference.
Interesting. I still had the light button.
Maybe delta flies the Boeing. Flew 2x to Europe with them and all flights had 2 aisles. Either 2, 3, 2 or 2, 4, 2 configuration.
If this is all airbus A330 I will try t avoid these planes.
I see I have some research. I'm sure calling the airlines person on phone won't even know though.
Thanks
Kerri

Hmmmm. Interesting. We've flown Hawaiian roundtrip from NY-HNL 3 times and I don't ever remember noticing this. Guess I didn't really notice any discomfort or anything with the temperature. I'll have to ask my wife if she remembers this lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter