Anyone else move their trips around a lot?

Normally, we don’t make many changes, but we have this year. Changed from a late November to late February trip and another trip was changed from August to July (air fare issues). And we had some points due to expire that I forgot about, so we’re headed back to WDW in 13 days.....but I’m not complaining! :cool1:

I had no idea people changed that much. DH and I were working full time til 3/26 when he retired. I am still working full time. We do not have children and because of the vacation he had to pick a year in advance we have been NO CHANGERS!!! However, going forward I can see this changing. I have a new job and my vacation hours will increase next year. We just paid DVC off and I can see us driving down for more trips each year...maybe three instead of two. We know our "times to go" but I would like to try other times of year. This was the first year I have ever had to waitlist for a trip...but I got it. Life is full of changes and I am going to learn to be even more flexible....until now I couldn't really even see changing a reservation as a possibility....but the options have opened up.

I'm so glad to see that it's a pretty common thing. We've very rarely changed our reservation-maybe a few times we've added or deleted one day, because of airfare. However, this year we had to change our whole vacation plans, pushing it back about a month. Glad to see others do it.

I had no idea people changed that much. DH and I were working full time til 3/26 when he retired. I am still working full time. We do not have children and because of the vacation he had to pick a year in advance we have been NO CHANGERS!!! However, going forward I can see this changing. I have a new job and my vacation hours will increase next year. We just paid DVC off and I can see us driving down for more trips each year...maybe three instead of two. We know our "times to go" but I would like to try other times of year. This was the first year I have ever had to waitlist for a trip...but I got it. Life is full of changes and I am going to learn to be even more flexible....until now I couldn't really even see changing a reservation as a possibility....but the options have opened up.

We have pretty set times for vacations. In my case it's not as much about the changing of dates as it is changes by stalking. I rarely change vacation dates, certainly not if I've already booked air. Stalking brings multiple possibilities. Some of us roll the dice on not booking the entire vacation right away. You might start off on one road and another suddenly opens up.

For example, I pieced together two full weeks at PVB including Christmas and NYE. I do not own at PVB, and it wasn't even at seven months - it was weeks after the seventh month opening. I did it day by day over time, with spaces in between until it was completely finished.

During that time other options do become open and sometimes one can be back and forth putting it all together, trying to determine what is best to succeed in a full booking.

I do not change a booking. With VGC, you're out of luck. So it's usually on the calendar 11 months out, its a lock. I try and go off season too. Everything is cheaper plus the crowds/weather is usually better.

Seems every time I book, I end up modifying. Just cancelled and rebooked what was a one night Grand Floridian studio and four night one bedroom standard at BWV for August. Air was too high. Rebooked for a few days earlier. Now in a one bedroom at Kidani. Not quite as pumped about the hotel, but I’ll save money on food with the kitchen and Air was five hundred less.

I change mine a lot, especially when the reservation is 11 months out for prime Disney times. I do a placeholder and adjust - especially for BLT or GFV. I worry less for BWV or AKL. They never seem to mind - I am not even sure they see the history

Sue.

Well, someone cancelled a VGF studio for a night next month yesterday, and my waitlist picked it up! Since we have our celebratory dinner at Narcoosees, it makes it easy to just walk. Last month we booked a cruise and got one night at PVB. This last minute booked trip looks very good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!