Anyone else move their trips around a lot?

I tend to book 11-14 nights, knowing I will drop several days at one or both ends to match up with the best airfare at the time. We stay 8-9 nights on most trips. I don't often cancel a trip completely, just adjust a few days.

I re-book my DVC stays 95% of the time. Book HR at 11 months then re-book to another resort at 7 months.

We tend to visit the same seasons, if not weeks. At 11 months I book a placeholder, then tweak it. Currently, looking for last night I decided to add onto 4th of July trip. Grabbed AK a month ago but would prefer to stay @ BW. Hoping that WL comes thru.

Once airfare is posted, if prices high, often will tweak the dates on either end of trip. Typically, book on SWA ASAP. I’m not above jumping to spirit when i see a $24 fare :) & save the credit/points. Nice to have that flexibility with SWA.

I drug my feet on booking first full week in Dec this year. Had thought to do a cruise instead. Found myself initially shut out @ AK. Wound up settling for the week afterwards in a standard @ 11 months, but kept watching things carefully. Jumped last week when i saw some availability or a standard studio the first week! Surprised to secure 4 days coming in on a Sunday, hope to snag another day or two when it’s all said & done.

So many people complain they can’t secure reservations on their DVC. Have decided I’m either very lucky or ahem, slightly obsessed with searching for availability. I can count on one hand the number of times i’ve Been shut out completely.

We tend to visit the same seasons, if not weeks. At 11 months I book a placeholder, then tweak it. Currently, looking for last night I decided to add onto 4th of July trip. Grabbed AK a month ago but would prefer to stay @ BW. Hoping that WL comes thru.

Once airfare is posted, if prices high, often will tweak the dates on either end of trip. Typically, book on SWA ASAP. I’m not above jumping to spirit when i see a $24 fare :) & save the credit/points. Nice to have that flexibility with SWA.

I drug my feet on booking first full week in Dec this year. Had thought to do a cruise instead. Found myself initially shut out @ AK. Wound up settling for the week afterwards in a standard @ 11 months, but kept watching things carefully. Jumped last week when i saw some availability or a standard studio the first week! Surprised to secure 4 days coming in on a Sunday, hope to snag another day or two when it’s all said & done.

So many people complain they can’t secure reservations on their DVC. Have decided I’m either very lucky or ahem, slightly obsessed with searching for availability. I can count on one hand the number of times i’ve Been shut out completely.
I have had good luck getting resies too. Use my OKW for everywhere but OKW, most of the time. I also love stalking the RAT.

It is rare that I cancel, modify or rebook. I usually book at 11 months, look around to see if I'm interested in what is available at 7 months, but still I almost always keep my original reservation at OKW. It just feels more like home. I have a "short" 6 night trip coming up, as I am trying to save a few points for next year when I have a group trip of 11 people planned. I usually stay 8 to 10 nights.

I tend to change mine half of the time. But usually that is because I want to switch resorts at 7 months.

It is rare that I cancel, modify or rebook. I usually book at 11 months, look around to see if I'm interested in what is available at 7 months, but still I almost always keep my original reservation at OKW. It just feels more like home. I have a "short" 6 night trip coming up, as I am trying to save a few points for next year when I have a group trip of 11 people planned. I usually stay 8 to 10 nights.

Haven’t stayed @ GF or OKW, we are studio people. When the 7 month window rolls around, OKW has never been available. Not sure if popularity in general or lower point requirement, but it’s on my radar!

I think I should play the lottery today :p. After posting here earlier, I snagged my missing day! Woot

Attachments

• F68E8AD7-5B34-4578-821D-077DAE0967F0.jpeg
    F68E8AD7-5B34-4578-821D-077DAE0967F0.jpeg
    53.7 KB · Views: 10
Haven’t stayed @ GF or OKW, we are studio people. When the 7 month window rolls around, OKW has never been available. Not sure if popularity in general or lower point requirement, but it’s on my radar!

I think I should play the lottery today :p. After posting here earlier, I snagged my missing day! Woot
OKW studios have two real beds and are lower points. Studios are THE desired room type these days. Good thing we prefer 1BR :thumbsup2
Congrats on the WL success.

OKW studios have two real beds and are lower points. Studios are THE desired room type these days. Good thing we prefer 1BR :thumbsup2
Congrats on the WL success.

Thanks! Yes, my adult children have lobbied for OKW studios. I’ve never been relegated to sofa bed - yet.

Oh, i prefer a 1BR, just can’t ‘afford them’, well not if i want to visit every few months lol. Does seem as tho competition has increased for the studios last few years.

Thanks! Yes, my adult children have lobbied for OKW studios. I’ve never been relegated to sofa bed - yet.

Oh, i prefer a 1BR, just can’t ‘afford them’, well not if i want to visit every few months lol. Does seem as tho competition has increased for the studios last few years.
We do have a couple of each type of stays coming up this year. We are beginning to prefer 1 bedrooms about the time our oldest grandchildren have stopped being interested. So it works out.:)

We’ve switched resorts at 7 months a couple times-but usually happy with home resorts at 7 months (BCV and AKL). I’d love to stay at GF one time though and it sounds like 1br aren’t as difficult to book?

MS always seems shocked by the changes when the account pulls up but seems like we're not alone.

:rotfl::rotfl2:

No, not alone.

I love those specific CMs, especially when their comments have nothing to do with anything. :drinking1 Oh how I love online bookings.

I am in big trouble if they ever start to make change limitations. BIG!

I used to but then we joined DVC. So now my trips are set in stone - at least that's what I told my husband when he wanted me to change one of my solo trips that I didn't want to change.

No, not alone.

I love those specific CMs, especially when their comments have nothing to do with anything. :drinking1 Oh how I love online bookings.

I had one CM exclaim, “Whoa. Ok. Let’s see what we’ve got here.”

I have a detailed spreadsheet that identifies the point allocation from each contract for each trip (banked/borrowed vs. current); makes having those conversations a lot less painful. Was sort of hoping this is something I’d outgrow as I got to know the system better. :worried:

I had one CM exclaim, “Whoa. Ok. Let’s see what we’ve got here.”

I have a detailed spreadsheet that identifies the point allocation from each contract for each trip (banked/borrowed vs. current); makes having those conversations a lot less painful. Was sort of hoping this is something I’d outgrow as I got to know the system better. :worried:

:goodvibes

But their comments often make no sense to me unless one is questioning point totals or something.

Honestly I am usually a patient and sweet person but I don't have time for it and see it as nosy and completely off topic. And obviously it is off topic when one CM does their job and says nothing and others start getting into it and rhyming off changes for no reason.

I am pretty firm when it happens. And once again love online! :laughing: I pretty well play Vegas style to stay online.

No, not alone.

You do very well! :)

You do very well! :)

I am very lucky. :goodvibes

In the early days there were so few assassins playing on the online system, it was easy pickins' in every direction.

Now so much competition. :goodvibes But then again the challenge makes it even more fulfilling in the end!

I enjoy it so much often I think after reading a post "Hey! I'll stalk for you!". I should start a business. :rotfl2:

Lo, and behold, traditional WL for my last night 7/6 showed up in my emails today. Had started to think we who stalk were snagging nearly everything that opens up

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter