Anyone else having problems with picking Magic Bands on MDE?

disneyfan2kids

DisneyFan3Kids now, but I can't change my name.
When I click on my resort reservations "choose magic bands" I just get a sent to a list of my old bands and then if I click "my reservations" I get the below error - is it just me?
Sorry, There Was a Problem Completing Your Request

This has been covered in another thread in this forum. The solution working for most is, go to Contact Us, and choose chat as the method of communication. You will reach a CM who will, after asking a couple of questions, send you a small secure form to fill out with name, address, and reservation #, and then when you try again, your magic band order should be restored! It worked this way for me not 10 mins ago. Good luck!

When I click on my resort reservations "choose magic bands" I just get a sent to a list of my old bands and then if I click "my reservations" I get the below error - is it just me?
Sorry, There Was a Problem Completing Your Request

I had this problem last week. I called their #800 number and talked with an agent. She had to go in and remove all my old bands first. She said that needed to be done because it might cause a problem when it's time to choose fast passes. She then had to re-enter my reservation #. It took about 10 mins to fix over the phone, but it got done.

I had nothing but trouble ordering upgraded magic bands. Selected what we wanted and every time I tried to checkout it said not available. Refreshed and it showed available. Check out and not available. Tried deleting cookies, different browsers and after an hour I gave up and ordered our 2nd choice which was delivered.

In the meantime, every time I checked online it showed our first choice available. Decided to call Disney. After holding for 55 minutes I got a very nice rep who understood my problem. She said we can bring the ones we have to the resort and exchange them for the ones we wanted. Perfect. But she had to transfer me to tech so they can do it. Stated there was only a 2 minute wait for them. Perfect. 20 minutes later tech answers, reads the note and says “magic bands” nothing but issues. She says she can’t do this I have to call merchandising and gives me a number. I call that number. 8 minutes later another nice lady answers. I explain what we wanted to do and she says she can’t help. She is the store and doesn’t even have access to my account. She stated they have been getting tons of bad transfers and doesn’t know if it’s the phones or a training issue. She can however sell us new ones at full price, and yes the ones we wanted are in stock.

So we are going in a few days with our 2nd choice. Wasted hours on the computer and phone. So yes, there definitely is a problem ordering upgraded magic bands. Hope our trip is more magical than this experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter