• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone else having problems booking Tusker House?

Jaylin

Mouseketeer
Today was my 180day, I was online at 6am making my ADRs. Had 17 of them to make (we're trying the DxDDP this year!) Had absolutely no problems with 16 of them. Got just about all the times I wanted to. My only problem was the Donald breakfast at Tusker House. I was looking for an 8am and they had NOTHING......at all! When I called at 9am to book some activities I had the CM check too, she also showed nothing.....isn't that strange?

Same happened to me...its my 180 next week so i was just playing around with it today but it was saying no openings for 17th Aug and same at le cellier...I don't see how this can be when it was just past 6am on the 180 day??

Perhaps those restaurants were not yet loaded into the system??:confused3

The problem may be that WDW resort guests can call on their 180th day and then book up to another 10 days worth of ADR's. So even if you call on your 180th day, some of those restaurants you want were available to others up to 10 days before.

my 180th was on Tuesday and the times left for Cali Grill were less than ideal. I also found at Tusker on EMH the last seating was 7:30 which seemed odd to me, like it should go at least another hour later. When I try to check Tusker for that night now it shows NOTHING is available.

I think it's a combination of 180+10 and the fact that due to bouncebacks and PIN's and people anticipating free dining, a lot of people are making ADR's. I'm glad I had 180+10 or I'd be in trouble already and our trip is still 6 months away!

Keep trying, I had trouble getting 8:00am for Tusker House & 7:30am for Kona & Boma(which I knew were not full). I kept trying, and I got what I wanted.

That first week of free dining is notoriously bad for making ADRs. The more popular spots get grabbed up quickly.
I would just keep checking, several times a day if need be. Hopefully someone will decide to cancel an ADR or two and you can take it.
This is why it is SOOO important to remember to cancel any ADRs you aren't going to use.

We had the same problem. The earliest breakfast time we could get for the first 2 weeks of August were 8:25. The weird thing is we can get an 8:0 ressie if we were 3 people instead of 2! Oh well. 8:25 still works! We will keep trying.

Tusker House was the only restaurant we had troubel booking at 180+10...and we wanted dinner! We had to rearrange a bit but we finally got it at a time a little earlier than what we wanted, but it'll work. I think that AK is becoming a park that more people are spending full days at (rather than a 1/2 day or skipping it all together) which is now making dining harder to get there. I am happy that more people are seeing the beauty of AK but worried that with Yak and Yeti and Tusker House being the only TS meals that take DDP it wil eventually be almost impossible to get these reservations.

Today was my 180 day for ADR and I had no problem booking the Tusker house for lunch....didn't try for breakfast.

I was able to get an 8:00 a.m. meal at Tusker house, but I was on-line for the 180+10 at exactly 6:00 a.m. I got all the ADRs I wanted, but had some trouble getting the time I wanted at CA Grill. Besides that, everything was great. Keep checking on-line as cancellations happen all the time.

I LOVE ON-LINE BOOKING!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter