Anyone else having issues with My Disney Experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if related to all the other issues going on, but it seems like refunds for cancelled dessert parties, etc are taking longer to process than usual.

Every time we had a problem last week when we were there, that is who the CM called to help us with our accounts. Granted, they never fully fixed it for us when we were there and we kept being denied entry into every park we tried to enter... but it seems like that is what they call the IT department.

Oh no! I have a sense of foreboding! Thanks for letting me know...at least I will be better prepared to deal with issues.

QUESTION:

I deleted my old app and reinstalled. I see my ticket and my adrs. However it is prompting me to “link” the tickets of DH and DD by entering the ticket number before I do that (in the old version, we were already linked and I could have made FPs for all 3 of us)

Should I do this???

Enter their ticket numbers??

I don’t want to screw anything up.

QUESTION:

I deleted my old app and reinstalled. I see my ticket and my adrs. However it is prompting me to “link” the tickets of DH and DD by entering the ticket number before I do that (in the old version, we were already linked and I could have made FPs for all 3 of us)

Should I do this???

Enter their ticket numbers??

I don’t want to screw anything up.
I tried to re-add my family and friends names, and it told me they were already linked... I believe that if the tickets are already linked, it will tell you that.

Hi all. Not sure whether this has been posted, but I just logged on and saw this message:

View attachment 352505
When I asked the CM who was working with me yesterday who to voice my complaints to she directed me to this email and stated they were having some issues due to the Magical enhancements that they were upgrading to the system. So that's what they're calling it now!

Magical Enhancements? Lol.
en·hance·ment
enˈhansmənt/
noun
  1. an increase or improvement in quality, value, or extent.
    "these enhancements will improve the customer experience"

Last edited:
When I asked the CM who was working with me yesterday who to voice my complaints to she directed me to this email and stated they were having some issues due to the Magical enhancements that they were upgrading to the system. So that's what they're calling it now!

They are so good at spinning, I'll give them that.

*immense system failure*

Uhhh.... it's just part of the ~*magic*~, guys!!! Cuz we're magical, y'know? It's fine. We got some fairy dust that we're sprinkling on the servers as we speak.

My FP day is the first week of October. I've only had one party ticket go missing, but was lucky enough to have it come back after a day or two.

I keep checking my account obsessively every day to make sure nothing has disappeared. Fingers crossed everything stays good.

I feel for everyone having issues, but just FYI - I don't think it is completely system wide.

Haha, I got the “magical enhancements” line yesterday while spending over an hour on the phone to fix a broken resort reservation. Those poor CMs who have to repeat that, I really feel for them!

Our problem started when I called to add my mother (who is on friends & family list) to my existing reservation. Somehow our names got switched in the system — Some of my MDE information and functions got attached to her name and vice versa and the system couldn’t make heads or tails of it. It was a mess!

This morning, the resort reservation looks fine, but the hopper pass I purchased for Mom is “Lost in Space.” Sigh. The scary part is that on the purchase confirmation (done by me in my MDE account), it shows the ticket assigned to “Mom’s Name and Avatar (Me)”. So the names are still switched somewhere and the ticket is MIA.

I’ll give it till tomorrow morning to show up, but am not holding out much hope. Will probably spend another 1-2 hours getting through to the internet help desk. Our Fastpass booking window opens October 7, so at least I have a couple of weeks to get everything straightened out. Fun Times! :joker:

I've been having issues with MDE for weeks...Fast Passes, Magic Bands, entire vacation reservations disappearing at random times. Every time I've contacted Disney IT, they've fixed the issue (after 45 minutes or so) so I can see everything but it's still really frustrating! Hopefully the app and it's "magical enhancements" are up and running smoothly for my October trip...

Just in case, I'll be the one carrying print-outs of everything!

Hey, folks,

Disney just contacted us to let us know that the best way for you guys to get the help you need is to contact them via email at wdw.helpdesk@disneyworld.com. Be sure to include your name, email address, phone number, and a brief description of the issue so a Cast Member can best assist you.

Thanks!
Thanks, Jackie. Did that very thing this morning,complete with screenshots and details. Hopefully this will help everyone get back to where they should be...

I’ve been trying to customize Magic Bands for a November trip for over a week and I still can’t access them. Is that a common issue with this outage?

I’ve been trying to customize Magic Bands for a November trip for over a week and I still can’t access them. Is that a common issue with this outage?

Yes. My last lingering issue with this has been my MagicBands. For a long time I was getting an error "We are unable to display certain MagicBand details at this time" and only saw my older MagicBands, not my current order.

This JUST (like, as of 5 minutes ago) sort of fixed itself for me...I updated something random in my online check-in (specifically identifying a PIN for one of my party) and the next time I checked the MagicBand screen, poof, it worked and I could customize and check my order.

HOWEVER, it only displays my MagicBand and not my mother's, which I 100% have seen on the screen before and already customized. So, it's half-fixed. I just took some screenshots and sent them to the Disney email provided above. I figure it's worth a shot. I specifically asked them to reassure me that hers would ship on time/be customized/actually show on my MDE account at some point before our trip.

It's just funny, I wouldn't care if mine was the missing one as I have multiple back-up MB's. But she hasn't been since 2004 and I just don't want that to be a hassle when we should be celebrating 30 days out tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!