Anyone else having issues with My Disney Experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I worry when I get there and I cant get additional Fast passes because the app wont work

I called yesterday. We are supposed to check in late next week and my online check-in showed us coming a day early. I just wanted to confirm that it was correct (and then I'll just ignore that phantom reservation). I don't want to get charged with an additional night or an additional vacation. ;)

The person who helped me was VERY thorough. I even mentioned a few websites I'd used to help plan and she was curious about their services. That said, she gave me her direct email and then sent me a thorough email follow-up to our call (with her direct phone extension listed). She invited me to call her back specifically to plan any future vacations. It was one of the most odd experiences I've ever had calling in with an issue. Her email calls her a "WDW Vacation Advisor."

I still have the phantom reservation, but I didn't feel like waiting forever to talk to IT. I don't mind it there as long as I'm assured I'm not going to be charged for it and that it won't mess up my actual check-in.

I'm not going to complain. I wish more phone calls were that thorough and helpful. Now, I'm just hoping that MDE cooperates next week.

I am so angry with Disney!!!! Tried to make FP for my son this morning. Went to make them and the site claims that I don't have his girlfriends ticket linked. I know I did but ok grabbed the tickets typed in the number and it tells me both tickets are already linked! Only his shows up though and it won't let me book anything. Call in and told 90 minute wait. So glad this will be our last trip for a couple of years! Letting our AP expire this year Can someone please give me the email address to write a complaint too. So done with this nonsense.

I am so angry with Disney!!!! Tried to make FP for my son this morning. Went to make them and the site claims that I don't have his girlfriends ticket linked. I know I did but ok grabbed the tickets typed in the number and it tells me both tickets are already linked! Only his shows up though and it won't let me book anything. Call in and told 90 minute wait. So glad this will be our last trip for a couple of years! Letting our AP expire this year Can someone please give me the email address to write a complaint too. So done with this nonsense.

That's the exact same problem I had and it's still not fixed. Bought two tickets in one order, linked the tickets and all was fine until one day, one of the tickets was (and is still) missing. Three phone calls to IT and one e-mail and it's still not there. If you do have time to call IT, I would go ahead and do it even if the wait is long. I was "told" (in quotes, because I never give much weight to what I'm told by phone CM's), that IT people are fixing things in chronological order of importance - meaning those there now, leaving soon or are having trouble with current booking windows get priority.

But, yeah, planning a vacation shouldn't be this hard.

That's the exact same problem I had and it's still not fixed. Bought two tickets in one order, linked the tickets and all was fine until one day, one of the tickets was (and is still) missing. Three phone calls to IT and one e-mail and it's still not there. If you do have time to call IT, I would go ahead and do it even if the wait is long. I was "told" (in quotes, because I never give much weight to what I'm told by phone CM's), that IT people are fixing things in chronological order of importance - meaning those there now, leaving soon or are having trouble with current booking windows get priority.

But, yeah, planning a vacation shouldn't be this hard.
Well they leave in three weeks and it just drives me crazy. Her ticket says congratulations you linked her ticket but it shows nothing by her name but when I try to type her ticket number in it says it's already linked. Such a joke. I have been on hold trying to get to the It department for over an hour now!! I can't believe you've talked to them three times and they still haven't fixed it!! I guess Disney doesn't think our time is worth anything.

I am frustrated like so many others. The annual passholder line finally gave me the internet help phone number. Their response was that their Avengers team (?) was going to prioritize my problem because my vacation starts on Saturday (9/22). That was on Tuesday and I'm still waiting.

I sent an email last week Thursday outlining the issues I've been having with MDE. My 3 kids have dropped from My Friends & Family, their APs and MNSSHP tickets have also disappeared, there is no magic band order in the system, all of my fastpasses have been decremented by 3 since the kids are not in the system. I received a response email yesterday from the IT service desk indicating that they looked at my issues and resolved the problems but MDE is still experiencing difficulties. I checked my MDE account and nothing was corrected so I called the IT service desk. The wait was about 36 minutes. The cast member I spoke to was very nice and she spent over 40 minutes trying to add the kids back to my account and link tickets using several different methods and systems at her disposal. She was not successful and indicated that she would open an escalation ticket to the IT team so they could review the issue and resolve. She took all of their names, ages, confirmation numbers for both AP (we activated Nov 2017) and MNSSHP to send as much info as possible. I'm supposed to get an email if any additional information is needed or when the problem is resolved. My biggest concern is that the kids won't be able to enter the parks since Disney is not showing them in their system and neither is MDE. Fortunately we don't leave for another couple of weeks but I'm getting nervous that this won't be resolved in time.

Last edited:
Finally got redirected to a login page instead of a blank error and my MagicBand order has reappeared. Hopefully everything is starting to get ironed out.

I just received a call from guest services in response to an email I sent. I don’t know which one it was lol. She offered to make my fp time for test track to the time I originally had it and I said no. There’s people out there with much bigger problems. I’m good. I appreciated the call though. The first positive thing I’ve experienced since this mess started.

Avengers team (?)

Every time we had a problem last week when we were there, that is who the CM called to help us with our accounts. Granted, they never fully fixed it for us when we were there and we kept being denied entry into every park we tried to enter... but it seems like that is what they call the IT department.

I called yesterday. We are supposed to check in late next week and my online check-in showed us coming a day early. I just wanted to confirm that it was correct (and then I'll just ignore that phantom reservation). I don't want to get charged with an additional night or an additional vacation. ;)

The person who helped me was VERY thorough. I even mentioned a few websites I'd used to help plan and she was curious about their services. That said, she gave me her direct email and then sent me a thorough email follow-up to our call (with her direct phone extension listed). She invited me to call her back specifically to plan any future vacations. It was one of the most odd experiences I've ever had calling in with an issue. Her email calls her a "WDW Vacation Advisor."
I still have the phantom reservation, but I didn't feel like waiting forever to talk to IT. I don't mind it there as long as I'm assured I'm not going to be charged for it and that it won't mess up my actual check-in.

I'm not going to complain. I wish more phone calls were that thorough and helpful. Now, I'm just hoping that MDE cooperates next week.

Wow! Anytime I've called and asked for the persons extension/phone number I have been told that they can't give that info out. You were very lucky.

Wow! Anytime I've called and asked for the persons extension/phone number I have been told that they can't give that info out. You were very lucky.

I was given a direct phone number when I spoke to someone at DVC customer relations back in February.
It surprised me too.

Well they leave in three weeks and it just drives me crazy. Her ticket says congratulations you linked her ticket but it shows nothing by her name but when I try to type her ticket number in it says it's already linked. Such a joke. I have been on hold trying to get to the It department for over an hour now!! I can't believe you've talked to them three times and they still haven't fixed it!! I guess Disney doesn't think our time is worth anything.

I know. It's so frustrating. Did you get through to them?

I sent an email last week Thursday outlining he issues I've been having with MDE. My 3 kids have dropped from My Friends & Family, their APs and MNSSHP tickets have also disappeared, there is no magic band order in the system, all of my fastpasses have been decremented by 3 since the kids are not in the system. I received a response email yesterday from the IT service desk indicating that they looked at my issues and resolved the problems but MDE is still experiencing difficulties. I checked my MDE account and nothing was corrected so I called the IT service desk. The wait was about 36 minutes. The cast member I spoke to was very nice and she spent over 40 minutes trying to add the kids back to my account and link tickets using several different methods and systems at her disposal. She was not successful and indicated that she would open an escalation ticket to the IT team so they could review the issue and resolve. She took all of their names, ages, confirmation numbers for both AP (we activated Nov 2017) and MNSSHP to send as much info as possible. I'm supposed to get an email if any additional information is needed or when the problem is resolved. My biggest concern is that the kids won't be able to enter the parks since Disney is not showing them in their system and neither is MDE. Fortunately we don't leave for another couple of weeks but I'm getting nervous that this won't be resolved in time.

That's exactly what they did for my ticket last Thursday - I just checked and it's back in my account. I really hope everything gets fixed for both of you!

Awful experience yesterday! It was our 60 days for FP. Up bright and early in Central time zone. I make our FP for FOP and another one for SDMT....then the system crashes. At one point I can finally get back in and try to make the rest of our AK FP, but it says one member of our party has FP at anther park (they don't). System crashes again. I finally have to give up to get ready for work and leave the problem to someone I am traveling with. She goes round and round with MDE crashing and un-assigning tickets....to finally come to a page where all but ONE of our FOP FP are GONE! She waits on hold for 2+ hours to be told there is nothing they can do. We have to wait for IT to contact us. Just insane.

Awful experience yesterday! It was our 60 days for FP. Up bright and early in Central time zone. I make our FP for FOP and another one for SDMT....then the system crashes. At one point I can finally get back in and try to make the rest of our AK FP, but it says one member of our party has FP at anther park (they don't). System crashes again. I finally have to give up to get ready for work and leave the problem to someone I am traveling with. She goes round and round with MDE crashing and un-assigning tickets....to finally come to a page where all but ONE of our FOP FP are GONE! She waits on hold for 2+ hours to be told there is nothing they can do. We have to wait for IT to contact us. Just insane.
Sorry that happened! Just curious - did you try the tips of clearing cookies/the cache or trying other browsers? Trying to gather info to prepare myself for my FP day.

Sorry that happened! Just curious - did you try the tips of clearing cookies/the cache or trying other browsers? Trying to gather info to prepare myself for my FP day.
We did everything! And to top it off, I tried again first thing this morning. Nothing available. Which means all the people who check in on Sunday before Thanksgiving were already locked out of FOP. Which is insane.

I know. It's so frustrating. Did you get through to them?

That's exactly what they did for my ticket last Thursday - I just checked and it's back in my account. I really hope everything gets fixed for both of you!
After being on hold for over 95 minutes I had a CM who didn't know how to fix it...but she put me on hold and went to a supervisor who after another 10 minute hold linked the ticket. The only thing that bothered me was she came back on the phone and tried to tell me that I had just linked them today and they were just taking a little time to cycle through. Ah no I had called on August 20 and had the Disney IT link them for me because I couldn't get them to link. Anyhow nearly two hours and I could finally book my FP. Now I just hope they don't go away!

I spoke to a CM yesterday (trying to get my canceled ADRs to go away), and she said she couldn't fix it, but it should go away soon. She then went on to explain about the recent up date and that there were issues, and she gets about 20 calls a day. I'm thinking, "only 20"?

ETA: I got an email that one of my fps was no longer available (the blood drained away) and they said the 8:00 - 8:30 Meet Mickey in Town Square had been replaced with Meet Mickey in Town Square from 8:00 - 9:00. I thought the half hour fp was a bit weird, but I guess because they changed the hours they extended the fp time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter