Anyone else have a "found my perfect resort" moment?

So the bus pulls up for any park? Isn't that the way any mod would be?
Well yes, except for the fact that since there's a single bus stop everyone who wants to board the bus to the park from the whole resort is there waiting, it's not spread across several bus stops as it is at the other mods and there was no organization to it. It was very crowded, granted I was trying to get on buses for rope drop so it was a busy time. I've never had that issue at any of the other mods I've stayed at -- it was the sheer volume of people trying to board all at once that made the difference.

POFQ for us - there for the first time last year and it has become our firm favourite. Love the compact size, the boats to DS, the live music over the weekends, the overall atmosphere and the fact that the bridge over the pool gives a lovely shaded spot in the water. The bus queue was never a problem for us - just checked the screens to see whatever bus we wanted was due and got ready for it as it pulled into the resort.

Mom & I both fell in love with the Grand Floridian on our first stay there shortly after the resort opened.
We've tried other resorts but none felt as homey as the GF

I had those same feelings about the Poly. Walking thru those doors and into the beautiful lobby...seeing the castle in the distance, hearing the soft music play...my family agrees. Nothing compares to the Poly for us.

I wish I felt that way about a cheaper resort!
Same! Poly is my home at Disney:love:!
I just feel comfortable there. I never really had a resort that I felt like this is the ONE until we stayed at the Poly. Our problem is the price. We have been able to stay there 3 times with a great discount from a TA. The discount has gone up this year :sad:. My second would be Grand Floridian but again the price is high. We have only been able to stay there once.

POFQ - only stayed there once after stays at All Star Sports (3x), Old Key West, and Pop. Then we tried Caribbean Beach and Pop again. We liked all those resorts, but have decided that POFQ will be our home away from home at WDW. We just enjoy the size, the location by the river, and boat access to Disney Springs. 2021 will be our next trip home!

We have stayed in many WDW resorts, and in about 50 stays have never ever had anything but a great stay.

But “home,” weepy-eyed, butterflies-in-the-stomach, can’t-even-talk-because-my-voice-cracks, heavy-sighs, god-I-LOVE-this-place is the Contemporary.

I’m a 67 year-old geek who grew up in the Space Age, and the architecture along with the spacious Grand Canyon moves my inner geek self. The monorail gliding through it draws my attention every time. And the Five-Legged Goat is too cool.

I have traveled the world. I’ve stayed with royalty in the Middle East. But my favorite place on the planet is the Contemporary Resort.

My wife and I fell in love with AKL as soon as we walked into the low-lit lobby in early December 2018. The holiday decor, the comfortable setting, the great food, all the resort activities...but the moment we walked in and saw that Christmas tree...my oh my! We will stay here only for the Christmas holiday, it just feels special like that...

BC for me. The smell, the atmosphere, just everything. I let go of tension I didn’t even know was there.

I must admit am getting a little teary eyed reading everyone's moments. For me it is WL . We have stayed at many other resorts on property but for me it is home. Love the sights sounds smell of that gorgeous lobby. Have great memories of taking our now almost 19 yr old son after we adopted him for our first family vaca and have had many wonderful times over the years there.

We have only stayed on property twice - last year at POR and we got that "feeling"! We were enveloped in the Disney bubble and absolutely loved being on property. Now we won't stay off ever again! This year we tried Contemporary but didn't like it at all. We hope to try BWI or Poly on our next visit.

We definitely became Poly folks on our first stay there, last year. It had always been my dream resort (along with the GF), ever since I was a kid on family trips. I fell in love at first sight of the castle through the lobby and the wonderful smell. There’s just something so magical about that place. We want to try new resorts but next year...we had to go home.

My wife and I fell in love with AKL as soon as we walked into the low-lit lobby in early December 2018. The holiday decor, the comfortable setting, the great food, all the resort activities...but the moment we walked in and saw that Christmas tree...my oh my! We will stay here only for the Christmas holiday, it just feels special like that...
We will be staying at AKL for the first time our next trip. I'm excited to try it out. We have stayed at WL and the lobby there is made similar. I loved the lobby there! I know they were both designed by the same person or people.

For us...it was this week. We rented a room in the Boardwalk Inn, thinking it would be fun to not stay at the Grand or Animal Kingdom Lodge. We love those two places but we were both surprised how much we wished we were staying there and now we know....no more experimenting with other places for us.

We love the YC! Walking back from Epcot in the evening and seeing the Epcot resorts lit up makes me feel like the luckiest girl in the world. We’ve stayed at many WDW resorts, but YC makes us take a deep breath and relax. The lobby is quiet, and the rooms are beautiful.

Poly is our second choice. The grounds are gorgeous and the Grand Ceremonial House is fun and smells amazing. Poly is a little bit harder to relax at due to the crowds. We still love it, though! You can’t beat seeing the castle from the pool!

It's BWI for me. We were staying at GF and ventured over there one night. The first time we walked the Boardwalk I knew I wanted to stay there. It's walking distance to Epcot and HS. There is so much to do right outside your door. I vow to stay here whenever it's in the budget.

We are driving home now from Disney (always a sad, sad ride) and just left The Contemporary Resort .....we had not been there in over 4 years ...it was our 1st Deluxe resort & i know it will always be home for us!! We are already planning our return. I've been on DIS the entire ride home !!

WL for us! Fell in love so much we purchased DVC at CCV. Christmas can’t be beat there for me. Love geyser point, the theming, lobby, boat to MK and so much more! FW is second.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter