Anyone else have a "found my perfect resort" moment?

Great thread! For me it’s BW. I love feeling transported back in time and the smaller more intimate feel of this resort. I also think the water and walking paths to Epcot and HS are so peaceful. I could just sit on one of the chairs on the patio and soak up the whole atmosphere - magical!

Ours always was Wilderness Lodge It's where we stayed several times when the kids were growing up. Love it and fall in love all over again every time the wife and I get off the boat for a few hours at Territory Lounge. However, we have gotten quite used to OKW and the space and vibe of it too.

A couple weeks after our POFQ stay in Jan/Feb 2011, we had to cancel our IVF consult appointment. Apparently there was ample pixie dust in our 3rd floor river view room in Building 6.

What a great story!!!!

Pop Century for us! I can’t even describe the feeling of glee I get when I first walk in there. It will always be our special place.

YES!! The vibe starts as SOON as you step foot on Pop property. I love every single second at Pop. It just feels like home..

What a great story!!!!

YES!! The vibe starts as SOON as you step foot on Pop property. I love every single second at Pop. It just feels like home..
Very special time for us. We had just completed an unsuccessful pre-IVF treatment (AI), and booked the trip a couple weeks in advance. We also, for the first time, got APs (we live in TX). We figured we would need that healthy diversion. We used those APs twice: the first trip and 12 months later with a 3 month old in tow. We have a picture of Goofy at the old AK Camp Minnie Mickey doing a face palm after I told him the little one was 3 months old, and our last Disney trip was 12 months earlier.

Very special time for us. We had just completed an unsuccessful pre-IVF treatment (AI), and booked the trip a couple weeks in advance. We also, for the first time, got APs (we live in TX). We figured we would need that healthy diversion. We used those APs twice: the first trip and 12 months later with a 3 month old in tow. We have a picture of Goofy at the old AK Camp Minnie Mickey doing a face palm after I told him the little one was 3 months old, and our last Disney trip was 12 months earlier.

:love::love::love:

We dealt with infertility, too. WDW was our escape, as well. Many times we found ourselves there after a failed treatment or yet another miscarriage. It was soothing to be there.

Dh and I stayed at CR for one night on our honeymoon back in 2005...it was all we could afford. We'd always wanted to try it, ever since we were kids. The second we got there we knew we were home. We bought BLT DVC in 2014. It is 100% home to us.

That smell when you walk in the lobby. The monorail. The classic nostalgia...and the VIEWS.

GF and WL would have to be my picks. Walking into their lobbies (especially during the holidays) at the start of a trip always feels like coming home. Though with a first time BWI trip coming up, I may have a new contender.

A couple weeks after our POFQ stay in Jan/Feb 2011, we had to cancel our IVF consult appointment. Apparently there was ample pixie dust in our 3rd floor river view room in Building 6.
That's where we were! So happy you didn't have to go through IVF and had your pixie dust baby :love:

The Beach Club. I love its decor and Stormalong Bay. It feels like our home away from home.

What didn't you care for at POFQ?
It wasn't the worst place I ever stayed or anything, but I didn't care for the rooms (they felt very sterile and didn't have much theming) and I did not like the bus stop situation. I have read over and over on these boards how the POFQ is so great because it only has one bus stop, but when I was there last month, it was chaotic and confusing. Everyone at the resort waits for buses there and no one was lined up for certain parks, so when the bus arrived it was kind of like a free for all. I've never experienced a bus stop like that, even at the deluxes which also have one bus stop.I'd rather stay at one of the other moderates where people are more spread out getting on buses, personally.

It’s weird, Poly is a must visit for us and while we enjoyed our stay (staying again this summer as well) it’s more of a resort we have to visit vs. where we prefer to stay.

As far as where we love to stay, wilderness lodge takes the cake. The CCVs make me swoon. It’s always quiet and relaxing. The boat ride to MK and Geyser Point are my faves. Being in the MK area is just the best. Close second is POR. Being from the southwest, and now the north, I can’t get enough of the Deep South aesthetic. That and we really like dining at DS so the boat there works well. I’d take it over BC or AKL any day as at as grounds go. Although those BC rooms are hard to beat!

It wasn't the worst place I ever stayed or anything, but I didn't care for the rooms (they felt very sterile and didn't have much theming) and I did not like the bus stop situation. I have read over and over on these boards how the POFQ is so great because it only has one bus stop, but when I was there last month, it was chaotic and confusing. Everyone at the resort waits for buses there and no one was lined up for certain parks, so when the bus arrived it was kind of like a free for all. I've never experienced a bus stop like that, even at the deluxes which also have one bus stop.I'd rather stay at one of the other moderates where people are more spread out getting on buses, personally.

So the bus pulls up for any park? Isn't that the way any mod would be?

I fell in love with Beach Club when we went through it to catch an Uber. The lobby, the smells, the atmosphere...I didn’t want to leave!

I doubt I’ll ever get to stay there, however. :sad1: It is way more than we can afford.

Animal Kingdom Lodge, for sure! As a kid when they were building it I knew I'd love it. We visited it on our 2001 trip and it blew me away! Then when I did the DCP I worked there (by fate) so that made it feel even more like home. Even if we're not staying there on a trip I make sure to visit and walking into that lobby seriously feels like coming home, every time.

Currently staying at POFQ, and the resort is lovely. Our room is wonderful, with all of our requests met, overlooking the river. It's peaceful, the weather is amazing, our room is by all accounts clean and well appointed. I would never not recommend someone stay here.

However...

Last night we went back to the Poly for a dinner just DH and I (without the friend group we travelled with) at 'Ohana. We took the resort launch from MK, and as we were pulling in I got "that feeling". We stayed there in August for our (belated) honeymoon, and as soon as I saw the resort every piece of me relaxed. I inhaled the air, I felt at peace, it just felt so perfect. My DH looks at me and just goes "do you want to see if they have any rooms here for the rest of our trip? You love it here, I can tell just looking at you that you love it here", and he was totally right. The Poly is my resort, the one that suits me best, that gives me that Disney magic, and I can't even place why (fwiw there was no availability so no resort change for me lol).

There's nothing wrong with POFQ, we're having a great time, but the Poly just feels like home. Anyone have this experience? What's your resort that just feels perfect to you.

I get that feeling but in many resorts. LOL

POR. GF. Poly. Yacht Club... And I have a feeling I might feel the same thing at BC next month!

On our trip last year we stayed at AKL for the second time. We love the resort. However, one day we decided to head over to the Boardwalk area and walk around. As soon as we stepped onto the Boardwalk my 16 year old daughter looked at me and said “now it feels like vacation.” We loved our stays there in the past and, while we enjoy other resorts and will probably stay at them again, the Boardwalk area hotels are where we love our vacation time the most.

This is a tough one, I would say right now is Wilderness lodge. But Polynesian feels like home when we visit. Have never stayed there, but I wonder if it’d feel the same staying there. I’m not quite certain it would be relaxing to actually stay there for an extended period of time. While we liked the beach club, I can’t get over the fact that I got bit by bed bugs there.

Beach Club!! I absolutely love this resort and feel like it's my place. Although when I'm in WDW I truly feel "home" once I hit the MK.

We've stayed at CBR, Poly, BC and BWV. I have enjoyed each resort. Never had an issue. But during our first few stays at CBR I would always see the Epcot resorts and wish I could stay at the BC. Once I got to stay at the BC I truly felt at home. I loved it. After that we did BWV and loved it. We walked over to BC a few times for some meals because I couldn't skip seeing the BC. I just really enjoy the Epcot area. It's my favorite place on Disney property, second to the MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter