Anyone else have a camper in a snowbank???

mainecamper

Earning My Ears
Right about now, I am wondering if we will ever get our camper out of the frozen snowbank we call our yard??? We have had so much snow here in Maine and the plow and snowblower have made it worse by piling everything against it!!! Neighbor with front end loader says not to worry, he will dig us out!!! Hoping that by the middle of March things will have melted a bit, but after having two solid weeks of zero degrees I am getting a little depressed!!! :confused: :rolleyes: I love our Maine winters, but we're going to need the 4 wheel drive just to get out of town!!!! Going to count my blessings though...we "only" got about 6 inches out of this miserable storm...hey supposed to get into the 40's this weekend...I'll be the crazy person running around with shorts on...it'll feel like an absolute heat wave!!!!:bounce: Nance

Ours is in the driveway, not a snowbank, but it sure is a site to see! We have a HiLo, which when lowered, sits about as high as our minivan. There is so much snow on the top of it that the top of the snow is as high as our kitchen windows!!:rolleyes: Looks like a full size camper! We still have to shovel out the 20+ inches of snow that sits in front of it!:eek:

Are you planning a trip soon? We never thought we would have to woory about this!!! So much for global warming, huh? How are folks doing down there? We are so used to snow here in Maine, but you folks must have been a little caught off guard!! Is it school vacation there for you, too? Hang in there, 31 more days till spring!!!

more like snow mountian!!

Nancee: If he's got a loader you should be all set but before any of it starts melting I'd get it off the sides never know where water might seep in!
Thank god we aren't going anywhere till may I'll be lucky to get it out then (probably more mud than snow at that time). I wish we only got 6" I think we ended up with abt 12". Oh well I haven't quite lost site of ours yet. Course we covered it so now it's gray and not so easy to lose. HAHA Just think of us when your basking in the sun It will still be snowing.
Christy

Oh, come on...don't make me cry!!!:( We have had snow all day...but still better than the bitter cold!!!

Ours is covered with snow also. We have been going to the rv shows for fun! We went to one in Bangor and one in Portland. Now we have all these rv pamplets to look through. We have found the one we want (another citation, only bigger, with a slide out). But first we would need a bigger vehicle to haul it, and that won't be for a couple of years. But we can dream.

With the warm weather we have had the last couple days is your camper out of the snow bank?

:bounce: The plow guy came today and plowed it out!!!:Pinkbounc What a difference a few warm days make!!! I was able to go and get all our "Maine camping gear" out and will start putting the Florida stuff in! DD and her fiance are coming with us, so we have to share the space with them!!! I'm getting really excited now even with the messy weather that is coming!!! Nance

ours is in the driveway and my dh had to plow all the snow in front of it in order for our cars to fit, i just hope it all melts by april when we move it to our site in the mountains..we also have a boat in the driveway and thats really depressing just seeing those 2 fun things sit there with nowhere to go.:( whats really sad is when you make that monthly payment and cant enjoy it:( :(
did somebody say something about spring?:Pinkbounc
maapmickrope.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter