Anyone else give the HP potion class for Christmas?

*Robin*

bibbity bobbity boo!
I gave my son that and one other that makes worms...now I have to figure out what all those little packets contain...anyone have any sites with recipes? I've done searches, but thought maybe someone had an insight.

Hope everyone had a great holiday!! I got Windows XP for Christmas, and this is the first time I've actually been able to work on the puter...I'm not sure if it was a blessing or a curse after ME, which I HATED!

Anyway, Happy New Year! :):):):) Hugs to everyone!!! :D

I don't know what HP potions is but I also hate my ME. I wanted my 98 back. I thought if I gave it a chance I would like it but I still don't. Once you've had a chance to explore your Windows XP let us know some of the good and bad. I am sure others would be interested too.

Chessie-

HP is Harry Potter.

Robin, I thought about getting that one for my daugher, but decided it would be a little like shooting myself in the foot, because she has turned into quite a little sneaky messmaker lately. (Put it this way, I was cleaning out her room, and emptied out one of her little backpacks and about 1/2 cup sugar and a $20.00 bill came out) And I supervise her all of the time...anyway, I figured I would have mystery HP ingredients all over the house so we may wait until she's a little older.

Do let us know how you like XP...I agree with Chessie. ME has caused me nothing but headaches. Sometimes I think Bill Gates personally has it in for me!

Moderators, I'm sorry to be going off topic... :)

Ok, so far with XP...It's getting better as I download the patches and upgrades. It may be worth it to wait a bit longer, maybe a month or two to let them work out some more glitches. But on a scale of 1-10, compared to ME, this is a 20. I was crashing at least once daily, if not more with ME due to all the graphic programs I run, not to mention kidlet and daddy games that require actual thought. This has only frozen once, and I'm not sure why. Usually if there is a meltdown in the system, you can ctrl/alt/del and really get a pop up box to let you shut down the running program...as opposed to ME that never did a thing...I would literally have to turn off the power because even the computer button wouldn't work....(I have a pretty good system with 500+megs of ram and 80 gigs of space...so it wasn't stuffed or anything)

On a down side, a lot of my software won't work...including my Kodak digi camera stuff...now I have to go through Adobe to get to my pictures.

Another problem it seems to have is reading some kinds of downloads. I keep getting the small pic icon instead of a dialog box when I go to some download pages...including those on Microsoft and Kodak (thus no patch yet)

My visioneer scanner (one touch) is worthless now...which, I guess of all the things to be incomputable with, I'm glad it's that...it's very old and I needed a new one anyway. It also will not work with my McAfee...and they have no patches for it. I need to get a new security system.

You have to download Java and quicktime, because it doesn't come with it...and I have to say, if it's possible to do a clean install, as opposed to a upgrade, do it. Though if you guys have ME, don't spend the money on a new program...if you paid for ME...just do the patches.

Microsoft does seem to worm into your system though. A really cool new media player...but I still like my Real player better, maybe because I know it. I'll update you on that.

The new desktop seems to be neat, and you can have a whole family of users without interfering with each other...but I have to warn you...It didn't pick up my outlook express with the upgrade...so I had to search it out to find the old addys...there should be a patch for that, though I haven't gotten it yet...AND you have to install mailboxes into each user desktop, they don't carry over...a BIG pain...but they work fine together once you get them going.

If you have a scanner system that doesn't upgrade (check first with the diagnostic) transfer by export/jpg to "my pictures" in ME. That was the best thing I ever did! XP has a really NEAT way of dealing with pics with thumbnails and previews. It's the thing I like most so far.

I know I didn't nearly cover everything...ask away if you'd like!! Hope it helps some!! :):):)

sorry if there are typos...I just typed...hehehe :D

Originally posted by yummy72
(Put it this way, I was cleaning out her room, and emptied out one of her little backpacks and about 1/2 cup sugar and a $20.00 bill came out)

ME has caused me nothing but headaches. Sometimes I think Bill Gates personally has it in for me!

Too FUNNY!!!! LOL!! :D:D

And as far as Bill Gates? He has it in for all of us! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter