Anyone else getting virus pop ups in safari?

I was getting it just on my iPhone, not my iPad. But just now, I closed a significant number of tabs on my iPhone, including the tab with disboards, created a new tab, went to disboards, and the problem is now gone.

I’ve always theorized that these problems occur because web sites like disboards get their ads from an independent service, and not all of those independent services vet their advertisers’ submissions we’ll enough to exclude bad JavaScript. But that means that closing the tab and opening a new one could cause the advertising service to progress to a different advertisement, making the problem go away. Though I’m not sure how that would result in so many of us seeing the problem at the same time.

Thus I’ll be eager to get a more authoritative explanation instead of my speculation.

THEN I got a Text with 3 AT&T Free Message code with a Temporary PIN #???? Weird! Anyone else?:confused:

First time I could return to this page. It was like the ad took over. I rarely visit disboards because of this issue. Been a member nearly 20 years now. I spend very little time here because it will pop up any minute. Techies please help.

Desktop is still fine with Adblock Plus. Phone had been good for quite a while but all of a sudden it's back to almost unusable for reading the DIS. No problem on any other site. Just this one.

I had it happen with my phone again today.

In fairness, I’ve seen similar problems in the past with other sites, such as the Merrimack Webster site. But those have gotten fewer and further between.

One of those reminders that everything we read and click is being watched - for me right now, the ads on the this page are all for ad/pop up blockers!

Desktop is still fine with Adblock Plus. Phone had been good for quite a while but all of a sudden it's back to almost unusable for reading the DIS. No problem on any other site. Just this one.
Install an Adblock for your phone too. It’s nonexistent for me now.

Install an Adblock for your phone too. It’s nonexistent for me now.
I tried to a while back. The best I could figure out was that Adblock on a phone is different than desktop. Apparently I need to completely change browsers to make it work? I never did figure it out for sure. But that might be complicated by the fact that I use an older model Android.

I tried to a while back. The best I could figure out was that Adblock on a phone is different than desktop. Apparently I need to completely change browsers to make it work? I never did figure it out for sure. But that might be complicated by the fact that I use an older model Android.
Yeah not sure on android. I have an iPhone and downloaded an adblock app.

One difference I noticed is that I had the PIA popup blocker enabled on my iPad, where I’ve never seen the problem on this site, but not my iPhone. I’ve since enabled it on my iPhone and so far, so good.

THEN I got a Text with 3 AT&T Free Message code with a Temporary PIN #???? Weird! Anyone else?:confused:
I received 4 of these very strange text messages with different PIN codes since Friday. I of course didn't click on the link for code. I am on phone on hold with AT&T, they said it seems suspicious. Transferred me to Global Fraud Center.. Only happened after this weird Apple User Wal Mart Offer came up.:scared1: AT&T verified it is in fact fraud, someone trying to have me click on pin, verify it, and get into my A&T a/c. AT&T was very proactive and put extra security in my A/C.
Beware!:scared1:

Last edited:
I posted a couple weeks ago here about the constant pop ups. Maybe fluky but I haven’t had pop ups since the website upgraded this weekend. Hoping I didn’t jinx myself but I wanted to note the good after posting the bad. Keep up the great work y’all!

It appears the pop ups are still happening even after the site upgrade. The ads have absolutely nothing to do with my search history and many of them are nsfw and totally not dis-friendly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!