Anyone else ever had trouble giving away a free trip to WDW?

Sinclare

DIS Veteran
Usually we do a family trip each year in June but this year but this year family can't go for various reasons so it's down to just me and my son. So, I started hitting up a few others who would normally jump at the chance with ... "Hey, we already got the camp site, we'll throw up the extra tent and all you would need is gas money and tickets/spending money.

Sadly, seems like everyone can't go for various reasons ($$$/economy, previous plans they can't get out of, or just unable to get 2 weeks of vacation). We got used to having a big group of us during the summer trip but I guess we'll have to make it a solo trip this year. Kind of sad when you can't even give away a free trip to WDW. :sad1: :sad2: :eek:

Take me i'll go!! I've even got left over days on my tickets. When can you pick me up?

I'll be more than happy to set up a tent for a free trip!! :thumbsup2 You wouldn't have to ask me twice. :lmao:

Good luck with that!

Actually, I kind of know how you feel ...... we have a trip to Mexico planned for 2 weeks from now and we have been asking friends of ours whether they would like to come down with us, stay for free at the Grand Mayan in Puerto Vallarta. We have a 2 bedroom condo for a week. No takers! :confused3

Ah well, I'll still be enjoying my trip!! :cool1: :cool2:

I'll go with ya! lol I was actually thinking about inviting my cousins and doing the same thing with the tent.

Are you kidding me...getting my famly together for anything Disney is worse than giving birth to an elephant. We have quit trying many years ago !

Yeah, I know the feeling. Who would turn down a free trip? I've even offered airfare to throw in airfare a couple of times to different family members/friends. I think it's more that nobody in my "circle" wants to camp or go to Disney. Guess it'll be solo for me from here on out!

Needing gas money and tickets/spending money isn't exactly a free trip. For us, gas and tickets are WAY more money than the campsite (or even the cost of a value resort). I love FW, but I could not tent camp there in June, so I'd be turning it down also. Now if I could stay in my air conditioned camper in June, I'd be all over it. I hope you have a great solo trip, though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter