Anyone else completely priced out of the buffets at Disney now?

Anyone been to Boma in the last few days for dinner? Curious what the dinner price is now.

Dinner: Adult: $52.19, Child: $28.76 (tax included in these prices). If you were to add a 18-20% tip, your all-in price would be about $62/adult and $34/kid.

Apparently not everyone, because I can't find a single breakfast buffet for Dec 16th :rolleyes: We usually will do a big breakfast around 10ish before parties to keep us full until party time.
Remember many of the folks who booked these did so up to 180 days in advance and the vast majority will not be members of Boards such as this. There is a good chance that many will have no idea about the price rises as they will not have checked on-line prices after they booked. Some will no doubt experience a shock when their bill arrives at the table.

Remember many of the folks who booked these did so up to 180 days in advance and the vast majority will not be members of Boards such as this. There is a good chance that many will have no idea about the price rises as they will not have checked on-line prices after they booked. Some will no doubt experience a shock when their bill arrives at the table.
I know, I know, I was just making a little joke.

I remember when I went to Akershus for the first time, and I got the bill. I thought it was a misprint. Some people will definitely be shocked!

I didn’t read all of the responses, but the title is very apropos for us. We just got back from a trip and have another coming up. We usually don’t pay attention to price and eat where we want. But out of the blue my husband said- we need to stop eating at so many buffets, even I’m getting tired of paying over $200 for the four of us to eat a meal. We usually got drinks on top of the price, but we also have TIW so that helps. We paid over $200 for an Eat to the Beat lunch last weekend at Biergarten. It was good, but no way did we even come close to eating $200 worth of food. Even taking into account Disney’s inflated prices. My one son probably had 10 bites total, and we aren’t big eaters either! We will do a couple of our traditional favorites and go back to regular TS or even a lot more QS which is all we did when I was growing up.

30.00 for a breakfast buffet is insane we are a family of 5 thats 150.00 w/o tip.... FOR BREAKFAST !!!!!! thats about 3 meals at Dennys......lol ...... I rationalize this with we do the dining plan and usually do Chef Mickeys once, you sort of don't feel it as much when your on the dining plan..... I know makes no sense !!!!!

Exactly. They are way overpriced. I’m good with expensive if the experience warrents it. The prices have gotten just insane. We are just back from a 2 week trip. We nixed breakfast out because of the crazy prices. I cooked, we opened a bottle of champagne and ate on the screened in porch overlooking the lake at our offsite 1200 square foot villa.
Totally agree and yours sounds like an amazing breakfast x

30.00 for a breakfast buffet is insane we are a family of 5 thats 150.00 w/o tip.... FOR BREAKFAST !!!!!! thats about 3 meals at Dennys......lol ...... I rationalize this with we do the dining plan and usually do Chef Mickeys once, you sort of don't feel it as much when your on the dining plan..... I know makes no sense !!!!!

If we’re on the dining plan we typically do the character meals for lunch or dinner and just use a snack credit for a pastry for breakfast. Disney breakfast buffets are an even worse value for us than other meals because we can’t get dinner for a snack credit/$5 out of pocket, but we can get a breakfast that cheap.

I eat around 5,000 calories a day so it's still a pretty good value for me.

Apparently not everyone, because I can't find a single breakfast buffet for Dec 16th :rolleyes: We usually will do a big breakfast around 10ish before parties to keep us full until party time.

If you book an a la carte breakfast I bet you will save money and still be full - you could order a couple of entrees each for the price of a buffet.

BTW I'm not sure where you're looking or for how many but I am seeing tons of availability for 4 around 10am for buffet breakfast on that day
The Wave
Boma
Trail's end
Whispering Canyon (not buffet but AYCTE)

for a la carte the plaza is getting great reviews and is wide open, along with other resort a la carte options.

Disney of the 90's had concerns about brand and value. Today its just not in the equation and I guess from a business standpoint why not charge the price if people are willing to pay.
Agree. The business model in this country (and others) began to change 3-4 decades ago. Where once a company made a product, looked to expand their market, and attempted to keep costs low, now the emphasis is on pleasing major stockholders by ratcheting down costs--primarily labor--and reducing customer service (also a labor product). Watering down products, such as quality meals, reducing staff , yet raising prices are three prime ways Disney (and many others) operate. If it plays to stockholders and saves them money, well. . .as I've been saying now for years, Disney talks a lot about "industry standards," whereas once upon a time, they SET the standard.

Last edited:
Disney of the 90's had concerns about brand and value. Today its just not in the equation and I guess from a business standpoint why not charge the price if people are willing to pay. My problem is I don't think they really are making more money from it. There is so much "spin" with the accounting that I reallly don't think the know what the TRUE numbers are.

For me with the character meals, when they charge 60$ for breakfast and price me out I may not stop visiting the parks altogether but that and other higher prices will cause me to skip a year. Which could then turn into two or more and living overseas I visit for two weeks and stay on property. So that’s a loss although more will come but it’ll suck for me.

For me with the character meals, when they charge 60$ for breakfast and price me out I may not stop visiting the parks altogether but that and other higher prices will cause me to skip a year. Which could then turn into two or more and living overseas I visit for two weeks and stay on property. So that’s a loss although more will come but it’ll suck for me.

When kids were young we stayed in a big pool home for reasonable costs. We even got a 3 week stay in 2002 for $1400. We drove to Orlando and had an ice chest so we made sandwiches and put them and drinks in the car. No buffets and they were cheaper then. We have sprung for Tusker house several times as DD23 can find food choices on her vegan diet. However, we avoid avoid avoid all buffets if she is not with us. Too noisy, too expensive , too much food for 2 senior citizens who look for quality not quantity. But to the extent others eat st buffets it frees up the restaurants and lounges we do frequent so I hope Disney doesn’t raise the prices too high and discourage guests from going to buffets.

As long as the free dining bounce back exists during August I will never sweat the prices.

I booked FD for my crew and thank goodness! Even with the extra meals I have booked we will still keep our costs to $200 per day per person in total meals, lodging and park tickets, which is the budget I set for special vacations. The trip is a wedding gift for my niece and her wife, and is a first trip for Jenna, so we wanted several character meals, the CP and a few signature experiences. I would absolutely choke if I got bills at the end of each meal in excess of $400.

I booked FD for my crew and thank goodness! Even with the extra meals I have booked we will still keep our costs to $200 per day per person in total meals, lodging and park tickets, which is the budget I set for special vacations. The trip is a wedding gift for my niece and her wife, and is a first trip for Jenna, so we wanted several character meals, the CP and a few signature experiences. I would absolutely choke if I got bills at the end of each meal in excess of $400.
Very nice gift for your niece and her wife.

Very nice gift for your niece and her wife.

Deb is my godchild, my only one. And Deb is my DGD godmother, so we wanted something special. This trip is a full 18 months out from their wedding, in order to fit into their schedules, so it is a long time to wait. They have no idea that we and my DD and DSIl are payign the entire trip. They think we bought their tickets. W coudl nto tell them because they would probably have backed out, but they will be happy once we get there! I can't wait. This trip is one of the most anticipated for my family!

Originally Jenna had reached out to see if they could tag along on a trip, YES!!! But they were trying to manage their costs, so DD stepped in to smooth that aspect out, and then here we are!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter