Anyone else collect Disney-themed autographs?

Wanted to share today's success from Tony Baxter, to show you all what I have been sending out to the Disney Legends. I currently have 44 signed certificates, with two in the mail which I hope to receive back some day.

45 Disney Legends certificates! Latest one came in from Ruthie Tompson, who besides working on Walt's multi-plane camera, was also an inker on every animated feature from Snow White to The Rescuers. Quite the legacy with Disney.

Last weekend, I met the Dreamfinder. No, not the local high school kid who's playing the Dreamfinder in Epcot this week. I mean the voice of the original Dreamfinder from the old attraction. While signing an autograph, he slipped into the voice and recited a few lines.. Really took me back!
scan0001800x619_zps82ed83ea.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

very cool! congrats, and thx for sharing! where did you meet the dreamfinder?

Last weekend, I met the Dreamfinder. No, not the local high school kid who's playing the Dreamfinder in Epcot this week. I mean the voice of the original Dreamfinder from the old attraction. While signing an autograph, he slipped into the voice and recited a few lines.. Really took me back!
scan0001800x619_zps82ed83ea.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks! He was at the Chiller Theater convention here on the east coast. He played lots of characters in cartoons, and I was happy to learn he was Dreamfinder as well. Would love to have gotten Billy Barty as Figment before he died (loved him in 'Night Patrol', but I didn't know it was him before he passed.

45 Disney Legends certificates ?? WOW ! Great !!

:thumbsup2

Would it be possible to post the addresses here so I could try to send them some request too ?

:grouphug:

Here is who I have so far
1 Bob Gurr
2 Marty Sklar
3 Don Iwerks
4 Tyrus Wong
5 Ray Walton
6 Bill Farmer
7 Mary Costa
8 Tony Anselmo
9 Robin Williams
10 Richard Sherman
11 Tim Rice
12 Art Linkletter
13 Angela Lansbury
14 Tim Conway
15 D1ck Van Dyke
16 Dean Jones
17 Hayley Mills
18 Betty White
19 Barbara Walters
20 Frank Gifford
21 Rolly Crump
22 Tim Allen
23 Dickie Jones
24 Annette Funicello
25 Randy Newman
26 Marge Champion
27 Al Knoetzni
28 Harry Archinal
29 Ron Logan
30 Walt Peregoy
31 Orlando Ferrante
32 Jack Lindquist
33 Regis Philbin
34 Burny Mattinson
35 Jodi Benson
36 Dave Smith
37 Alan Menken
38 Floyd Norman
39 Charlie Ridgway
40 Kurt Russell
41 Tommy Kirk
42 Lea Salonga
43 X Atencio
44 Tony Baxter
45 Ruthie Tompson

I currently have certificates out to D1ck Nunis (might even have that one back... have to check), and Alice Davis (who refuses to reply, it seems... sent two out). Missed out on getting Paige O'Hara to sign the certificate on the day I met the Dreamfinder, Chuck McCann.

I had mailed certificates to Roy Disney, Fess Parker, and Rue McClanahan weeks or even days before each of them passed. I also sent one to Wally Boag, whose son wrote back to say that his dad was in the advanced stages of Alzheimers Disease. But he was so touched that I wrote to his dad that he sent me an autographed book... one that his dad signed before he got too ill to write. It's a treasured piece of my collection.

There aren't many others I can write to, since most are dead and others are difficult to hunt down. I'm going to mail out a certificate to Blaine Gibson today. Fingers crossed!

that is an amazing collection! good luck getting the others. do you make your own cards to mail out to them, like the dreamfinder card?

45 Disney Legends certificates! Latest one came in from Ruthie Tompson, who besides working on Walt's multi-plane camera, was also an inker on every animated feature from Snow White to The Rescuers. Quite the legacy with Disney.

The Dreamfinder picture was printed on 8x11 photo paper. The Legends Certificate I created is also 8x11, though I use resume-type paper (not sure what the parchment would be considered). Here's the layout I've used for everyone (the Robin Williams one was resized, but it's still a full sheet of paper:

During a slow moment at work, I just hunted down three more names. Will try to get them into the mail this week. Gibson's leaves today :)

the certificates you're sending look great and very professional! i would think the celebrities would be happy to sign them for you.

I've had two people, both who are basically civilians, who haven't bothered to respond. Plus, Alice Davis is used to doing conventions and signing autographs, yet I can't seem to get her to reply to my mail. Want to get her before she passes, the same way a few other Legends have before I was able to get their certificate back signed.

Thanks for the kind words, btw!

Does anyone have the autographs for the voice actors of Aladdin and Jasmine? If so, were they relatively easy to obtain?

I got the singing voice of Jasmine. I've written to her voice but never heard back. I wrote to Aladdin's home address but haven't heard back from him yet, either.

Received Legends Certificates #46 and 47 today from Ron Dominguez and Tom Nabbe. Tom also thoughtfully included a business card, which he also signed for me.
nabbecard690x800_zps45711a77.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Just got back from a nice (warm) week at WDW and found had some Disney autographs waiting for me:

Sarah Clark signed a Cars photo for me

James B Cora signed my Disney Legends certificate, a photo, and sent me a note of thanks on Disneyland International stationery

Bob Matheison signed my Disney Legends certificate, a photo, sent his own signed photo, and a note of thanks on Walt Disney World Co. stationery

Nice way to wrap up my trip!

congrats on some more great autographs!

Just got back from a nice (warm) week at WDW and found had some Disney autographs waiting for me:

Sarah Clark signed a Cars photo for me

James B Cora signed my Disney Legends certificate, a photo, and sent me a note of thanks on Disneyland International stationery

Bob Matheison signed my Disney Legends certificate, a photo, sent his own signed photo, and a note of thanks on Walt Disney World Co. stationery

Nice way to wrap up my trip!

I collect musical theatre performers' autographs, but included in my collection are Geoffrey Rush and Idina Menzel, so I guess you could call them Disney autographs!

I collect musical theatre performers' autographs, but included in my collection are Geoffrey Rush and Idina Menzel, so I guess you could call them Disney autographs!

I've got Rush... always great about signing autographs. Have him on pictures for Pirates of the Caribbean and a Finding Nemo. Will need to get Menzel (though I've got Chenoweth, so it'll be nice to get the Wicked duo).

Welcome aboard, TTA travelers!

Just received a great letter from Peter Renaday, voice of TTA Central, as well as Henry the Bear and Max the Buck from Country Bear Jamobree.

Peter kindly signed the photos I sent and included one of his own :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!