Anyone else a little miffed at ROTR late opening?

sjmac42

DIS Veteran
Look, I’ll still have a great time but like many Aussies, we have planned our Christmas trip to Disneyland well in advance. Helps to get good prices/availability on airfares (particularly over Christmas) and have plans in place so we can save up. We chose Christmas as even though it’s a lot more expensive for airfares, we (I) thought ROTR would definitely be open as all info from Disney has been saying “opening later in 2019”.

Now all of a sudden, it’s not opening until Jan 17th 2020. Well that’s not 2019 is it.
So I can’t help feeling a little disappointed and not a little annoyed as plans were put in place months ago and we will miss out on seeing a complete land. It’s not a deal breaker of course because there are many other things I love but I may not have committed so such an expensive time to travel if Disney had been up front about the potential opening time. It’s also obvious all work on ROTR in Disneyland have stopped until the Florida team arrives to sort out whatever was stuffed up by the California team. Surely that’s unnecessary.

Anyway, Disney have a rather blunt message from me to which I don’t expect a response apart from a form letter detailing the corporate line. But if I at least a sincere apology from them like I did last year for my experience at a MNSSHP at Magic Kingdom, that would be nice. If they just offer me tickets again, I’ll refuse them like I did last year.

Rant over. Don’t be concerned, I will be able to move on with my life :)

All the best.

Yep saw that, and many many other vlogs, blogs and articles.
Doesn’t help. All they have to do is throw money at it after all, they have plenty of that. Just seems to me the guest experience is a low priority for Disney over the last few years.
All the best.

Yep, so I received the expected pithy cut and paste reply from Disney suggesting I should use their calendar to check the availability of attractions for my visit. Apparently it’s a simple matter to arrange a visit to Disneyland from the other side of the world in 6 weeks, so there you go.

So I’m committed to this trip but I’ll cancel my plans to visit the Shanghai and Tokyo parks in 2021/22. I’ll find another holiday destination for those trips as I don’t want to continue to enable Disney by attending their parks.

Not that they will care of course. I might repost on the Disneyland forum as well to see what their opinions are.

All the best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter