• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone done this? 1 suitcase clothes- other suitcase Bottled bevarages

kim532

DIS Veteran
We are planning our June 21st trip and I had read on here about people who just brought their cooler filled with stuff and checked it as normal luggage. My DH gets imbarressed easy and wouldn't alow this.

So what I was thinking. It is just the 2 of us for a 4 night trip. We could fit our clothes in 1 suitcase. Bring another suitcase stocked full of bottled water and soda and a collapsible cooler. Would the bottles be OK during the flight. The pressure difference wouldn't bust them would they?

I know this seems horrible to go thru all this for 2 people but we are really thirsty people. I am addicted to a Pepsi first thing in the morning. ( I can drink water the rest of the day but love soda first thing in the morning). Last trip we got the refillable mug at PO-FQ, and didn't feel like we got our money's worth. To lazy to walk and get it refiolled I guess??

Let me know what you guys think!! !

I am sure you could pack your suitcase with soda. I would wrap the bottles in bubble wrap to make sure they don't burst while being tossed into the cargo hold. You can also run to the grocery store before you check in if you have a car. I know they sell large bottles (2L) in the gift shop at the hotels.

Remeber there is no Pepsi products at Disney.

NOnE:rolleyes:

I tried my best to find a Diet Dr Pepper
never found one at property

man after a week without Diet Dr. Pepper
i looked like this:confused:

I will know better in August
Doing Tiffany's and they will stop at the store :D

I did that on my last trip. I brought myself 2- 6 packs of bottled water and a 6 pack of pepsi and we also brought some snacks with us and this helped to empty a bag to use for our souveniers that we bought! I also took my collapseable lunch tote cooler. I brougth along zip lock bags and filled them with ice and double bagged them and it kept our water cold while we were in the parks. it also helps if you keep a towel underneath the cooler in the stroller basket too to catch the condensation so you don't end up with a puddle in the basket! we learned this after the first day.......

Thanks for the quick responses. I will give it a try and you guys know how it works for me. The bubble wrap does sound like a good idea. I forgot how brutle they can be with luggage at the airport.

I guess people have done it w/o problem but I'd be wary. We did however, pask a suitcase full of food and drink boxes for our kids. we had no problem with that. We also bing a smallish cooler on the planewith us filled with drinks etc for the kids. Never had a problem with that. It is very interesting what happend to bottled water on the plan. If you open it up at cruising altitude and close it back up, when you land, the bottle will be collapsed from the pressure difference. That's why I'd say to be a liitle careful with the bottles in your checked bags. I'm not sure that the luggage area is pressurized like the cabin during flight. If so, the low pressure at high altitude may cause the bottles to explode. One time one of our suitcases was drenched with liquor from someone else's bag! I have no idea whether it exploded or broke from rough handling. If your taking Tiffany town car you could do the grocery stop and buy pepsi when you get there.

We packed lots of canned and bottled beverages when we went on 7-day cruise last year. Got a box from the airlines, bubble wrapped the sides and bottom, packed in 3-12 packs; wrapped several plastic bottles; lined the top, taped the top and duct taped ALL sides. It was VERY heavy but it survived even with a few cans a little dented. We checked it through as baggage and never saw it again till we were in our stateroom. By getting the box it became disposable and prevented leaking with our reg luggage. Am thinking about packing a similar box with food and beverages for our next trip in a studio.

what I do and works out is I take a large collapsible cooler on board with me and put it in the overhead (it fits). I fill it with boxes of capri drinks for my son , cereal, granola bars, pringles, and just snacks, oh! and some beverages I like. When I get to the resort, I empty it all out and fill it up with ice from ice machine and keep beverages/mik in it (lot cheaper then spending $10 day for fridge!) we just empty it out everyday and fill it with some fresh ice. On the way home I fill it with souvenirs or anything else that won't then fit into our luggage! WORKS WELL!;)

I agree with a couple other posters - use Tiffany Towncar from the airport and make a stop at the grocery store to buy your beverages on the way to the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter