Anyone done the special Shamu Dining?

Zoemakes5

<font color=deeppink>Support me in my Disney mania
There are three listed...the breakfast poolside when there's not a show, the lunch w/the show, and the Dine with Shamu which is also poolside w/out a show.

Tell me any of your experiences with either of the three. Particularly of interest is the lunch show, as I have seen some feedback about the others.

We did Dine with Shamu in December. It was one of the highlights of the day! The food was excellent and being able to talk to the trainer, with Shamu (well Corky) only feet away was amazing! We LOVED it.

Hey, it's been a few years (we went in January 2004) but we did the dine with Shamu lunch...not with the show. The thing that's with the show is a special seating area and they bring you a box lunch. I don't think that would be worth it at all unless you went on a really crowded day and didn't want to get your seats early, and wanted to eat lunch while watching the show.

Anyway, we did the Dine with Shamu lunch, it's a buffet, so they take you to your seats and a server brings you your drinks but then it's an all-you-can-eat deal with several choices for adults and several choices for kids. It's pretty decent food (mid-to-upscale hotel buffet quality), but what makes it worth it is your seats. You are seated along a border of about six feet separating you from the whales and trainers.

We happened to get what I felt were the best seats in the house, I don't know if it was because I called and booked it in advance or what, but they had the whales doing their training with the trainers right next to us. There were seats that were not nearly as good, further up the holding tank and while the whales probably swam by, they just weren't the same. People were getting up and standing behind our table to take pictures, so I know our spot was one of the best. My three-year-old at the time was a bit intimidated, they were THAT close. I mean, we were "eye to eye with the great beast!" ;-)

You can ask the trainers questions. It's pretty well worth it, I thought, and it's a pretty special experience.

If you have any questions, just let me know. We're going back to San Diego/Seaword/Legoland in April so I'll be poking around here again from time to time.

kim

We ate with Shamu a few years back. It was a good lunch buffet (especially the desserts) and a great way to get close to the whales. Our kids still have the plastic cups from the meal that say "I Ate With Shamu". Yes, I'd definitely recommend it.

We (Grandma Debby, daughter and then 7 year old granddaughter) had Breakfast with Shamu. Very good buffet and drinks brought to your table :cool1: We had the table right next to the tank so every once in a while we got a little splash but my granddaughter LOVED it :goodvibes Great way to start the day and you can ask lots of questions

There are three listed...the breakfast poolside when there's not a show, the lunch w/the show, and the Dine with Shamu which is also poolside w/out a show.

Tell me any of your experiences with either of the three. Particularly of interest is the lunch show, as I have seen some feedback about the others.

We did the Lunch with Shamu in the new area. If you book in advance, which I high recommend, ask for a table next to the water. Talk to the person on the phone and explain what that you want to be in the best picture spot.

The show is if I remember correctly after the lunch and in the large stadium, not the one where you watch the whales.

We were right next to where the whales were being trained and our pictures turned out to be fabulous. Food was fine not great but the GK's loved seeing the whales!!

:surfweb:

My son and his wife and kids did the Shamu breakfast and loved it. They recommended it to my neice and her family and they also loved it. Enjoy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter