Anyone dined with Scooby lately????????

Joym

Earning My Ears
We're spending the Christmas holidays in Orlando and my 4yr old is a huge Scooby fan. I have heard we can dine "with the characters", including Scooby, at the PBH, but has anyone tried this?

Hi Joym,

I did the character dinner at the trattoria at the Portofino Hotel they offer it on Monday and Friday evenings starting around 6:30P scooby was there so was woody. The Hard Rock has a character dinner at the sunset grill offered on tuesdays and saturdays. Enjoy:)

Thanks Jessica - do you know how far ahead I can book? I called the hotel but they seemed a bit unsure and told me to call back.
Did you enjoy it?

Joym,

I have some literature from my trip, this is what it says.......Dining arrangements can be made up to 30 days in advance by calling (407) 224-9255 for the following restaurants:

Bob Marley
Latin Quarter
MOTOWN cafe
Margaritaville
Pastamore
Pat Obreins
Confisco Grille
Mythos
Delfino Rivera
Mama Della's
Trattoria del Porto (this is where the character meal is)
Palm Restaurant
Sunset Grille

My family enjoyed the character meal VERY much at Portofino...the food was excellent and like you we were there in December and Portofino looked beautiful decorated. They offered a buffet or you could order from a menu. My husband had the buffet and I ordered a delicious pork tenderlion. Kids had the marshmellow milkshakes (they are soooooo good) along with their orders from the childrens menu. The character interaction was great and we had wonderful opportunitys for autographs and pictures. Hope this helps:)

I'll repeat a warning I made elsewhere--I cannot recommend the character dinner at the Sunset Grill at the HRH. It was mobbed with people (on a Saturday) and there was only one character at a time, with a lengthy lag time with no characters at all. We waited about 45 minutes (after being told it would be 15) and left without being seated. Although we were waiting at a table in the bar area, no one ever approached us to sell us drinks or anything else. The scene was pretty chaotic. Unless they have straightened this out, I'd stay away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter