Anyone Cruising September 14-21????

BELLE16127

DIS Veteran
Tuesday I finished booking our 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise leaving September 14. I was wondering if anyone else here has booked for that cruise? We have an outside Stateroom with a verandah #6616. My husband and I went on a 4 night in January 2000 but this time both kids will be along for the trip. My daughter is 17 and son 15, I know noone has done the western as of yet since it doesn't start till May this year, but I read on the Disney Cruise site about some of the things for the teens to do like the digitl cameras and making a "scrapbook" of the trip. Has anyone elses kids done this on a 7 night cruise? It sounds like something my DD would love to do. I know I have plenty of time to get this all together but I am one of those "instantly excited" people who wants to find out all I can about all of it to get everyone EXCITED about whats ahead...Heck I am even starting to think about what all to pack...
They mentioned there are 2 Black Tie dinners that are optional, now when Disney says BLACK TIE is it deffinatly a TUX or will a suit do? My daughter and I think the "DRESS-UP" would be great but the DH and DS arn't so sure about that part.
If you have done a 7 night and have any info I would love to hear about it so please help us out with all your info.....Thanks

Belle,
Miss Vivian and I will be joining you for this cruise. We have been booked in 6078 since June 2001. We are a couple in our 50s and this will be our 4th Magic cruise. 6 months from today.
Don't worry about black tie unless you just want to go way formal. I wore a black suit for the two formal nights last year. The other two gentlemen at our table wore sport coats, shirt and tie. There were service people in dress uniforms, there were open neck Hawian shirts and all maner of dress. DH and DS should dress up a little for those two just for the photo ops if nothing else. Did you request early or late seating?
Our child is 34 so we can't help you with the children questions.
Have you made any plans for excrusions? We are going to tour Key West on our own and do the Sting Ray snorkling trip in Grand Cayman. No plans yet for Cozumel.
There have been several other posts for this date with minimal responses. Maybe some more will show up for this one.
Looking forward to meeting you,
Russ and Vivian

I am glad to hear a fellow DIS member will be on our trip!!!! I haven't booked any shore trips as of yet, I am kind of hanging on that one until I see something from Disney about what they suggest, on the 4 night cruise we got the info with our mailings, we didn't use the stuff we got from them on our 4 night and took a "BOAT" I just that term lightly....LOL over to the Atlantis Resort it was some experience. I have looked at a few web sites about the stops we make and am doing a bit of studying, my kids really want to snorkle, Key West seems like the easiest place to explore on our own so maybe we will go that way there.
I hope we can meet on the ship.....LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

ME, DW DD(turning 9 on cruise) and DS(5). We just came back (DW and myself) from the 7-day and booked this one for the family while onboard. For formal nights this past cruise I went with a dark suit. But in May '01 me and DS wore Tuxes. Will probably due tuxes again, we are due for family pictures. I can't help much with the kids because ours are young. Any other 7-day question feel free to post or e-mail me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts