Anyone book the $99 deal yet?

Space Cowboy

Earning My Ears
I was just wondering if anyone had booked their $99 per person cruise yet from the January special. I would be interested in knowing the total cost once all the additional fees are added in. Also the rules state the $99 is based on Double Occupancy, does that mean additional passengers pay full price? Final question is can I go ahead and book the fall date now before I cruise and send in the voucher after. Anyway, I would love to hear any experiences you may have already had on this great deal.

My travel agent is out of the office this week, so i plan on doing this Monday. I will post a message and let you know how this went alogn with the total cost afterwards.

We are still in the discussion stages, so we don't have the final cost yet. Some things that we have discovered though are:

1. They will not tell you what room you are booked into, or even guarantee you a category other than a range. (Sailing the 7-day in category 1 - 7 guarantees you a room on the 3 day in category 4 - 7).

2. The individuals at the Castaway Club reservation line are not familiar with the requirements on this offer. My husband spent 45 minutes with them, getting different answers at different parts of the conversation. This may improve as more time goes by -- ours was the first cruise to be given the certificates.

3. Don't panic when you haven't seen your certificate - - ours showed up on the last evening.

I'd be interested in anyone else's input on this too.

Do you know yet what category or room assignment you will have? Just curious.

$148.85 per person... no travel insurance...
They apparently do not assign a cabin until they recieve your voucher... it's a brand new promotion so be patient while your reservationist works with you... I can't believe how the Disney folks bend over backwards to help you out. Having never used a travel agent to book a Disney cruise I can't make a totally informed comment but, based on my past experiences dealing directly with DCL I doubt that I would bother going through a middle man...

Kudos to you folks at DCL... my four day was pretty much perfect... ok, so we broke the Surieal Bath... everyone I came into contact with during my 1-13 four day gets an A+... they really do it right... and a 150 bucks for a three day... I almost feel like I've stolen something...

The stateroom number is worded on our reservation as "Guaranteed similar Cat". I believe that you will not get a stateroom number until your documents arrive. They will certainly work with the normal fee cruisers first and work in the $99.00 cruisers last.

Hi SeaDog,

>>>>>>"Kudos to you folks at DCL... my four day was pretty much perfect... ok, so we broke the Surieal Bath... everyone I came into contact with during my 1-13 four day gets an A+... they really do it right... and a 150 bucks for a three day... I almost feel like I've stolen something..."<<<<<<<

I couldn't agree more...especially since even Walt Disney Castmembers don't even get sail for that kind of price!LOL! See ya'll in the fall! Maybe we all should try and book a date together and do a Disboard fall cruise!<BG>

MmketeerJan.20th/2002

I booked while we were still in Orlando finishing up our vacation. We're paying $257.70 for the two of us without insurance. My ressie says that we have a cat. 6 with a veranda, but the room will be assigned when we check in on the ship. We had to send in the voucher in order to guarantee the category so I mailed mine from Orlando so they'd get it quicker. When I got home, I printed out my ressie from the cruise line website so I'd have it in writing. I can't wait!

Hi Everyone,

We have booked our 99.00 special. We have 2 rms. It came out to 128.85pp. We didn't take the ins or transportation. They said you can pay for the Bus later. You have 7 days from booking to pay. You need to send in the voucher at that time. They also told me you need to pay in full under 200.00pp. My sister and friend booked and they said just about the same. We are sailing Nov. 21, 2002

I hope this helps. Good Luck to all

Lisa

It looks like people are getting different prices... How can that be?

Curious.. Leaving for the 4 day next week..

Hmmm Nov 21.. That sounds like a great time for me to book.. since the 22nd is my Birthday.. Thanks for that date.. :)

Joe

You're right... the lucky number is 128.85 per person... I never was good a math... is that an incredible rate, or what? I wonder how many folks won't be able to take advantage of the offer? Like, you couldn't do a three day weekend with meals at an average hotel at that rate.

Thanks Disney!

I would think at this rate the $39 per person insurance would not be a good deal. Paying approximately %30 of your cruise cost in insurance is not worth it (IMHO). I would accept the risk and add to your savings on an already great deal! The only exception would be if you need the medical coverage. I would investigate your own medical insurance options first however.

I know this is a bit picky...but....

Can you book the 99 deal with Castaway Club or not??
and
if so will returning CC members get any shipboard credits or anything like that?????

Just curious more than anything if anyone had asked.........................

Phyllis
:cool:

Hi Phyllis

Can you book the 99 deal with Castaway Club or not??

I called the Castaway Club to book, I had no problems.

if so will returning CC members get any shipboard credits or anything like that?????

Rats, I didn't ask. I hope someone has the answer.

Lisa

the voucher indicates that other discounts do not apply, so i am guessing that would include the shipboard credit, but i could be wrong. Would be hard to believe we could get a credit too, but hey, if they want to give one yippee!!

Phyllis, when are you going?

Lisa,

Two of my best friends are going -- no kids, and no husbands. We plan on leaving here on a Tuesday, then going to a dinner theater that night. Then one full day at Universal. I found dinner theater tickets for almost half price, and the Clarion is a mile from Universal. Split three ways it comes to about 35 a piece. When are you going?

Not sure yet...we are waiting to hear from this couple we met
on the ship.
Sue...you met them...I think they were in line with you...
a cute little blonde couple from Arizona..Chad and Jessica.

Since I can't go during hurricane season....it will more than
likely be November or December.

Everyone send me your dates...Lisa, Kathy, John...

Sue sounds like you got it made girl.......hmmmmmmm

maybe I should do a girls cruise too.........now that's an idea.....

Phyllis
:cool:

We are going to Australia next March, and Smoe said to go ahead and enjoy the three day cruise with my friends.

It should be a blast. I will let you know the exact date once we are booked...

Take care!

Rotsa Ruck...

I have yet to see a ship board credit based on my being a Castaway Club member or a return cruiser... they always seem to have some excuse for not giving it to me...
but then a 3 day cruise for about $250 is a pretty decent perk... I for one would not expect a CC related credit with the $99 deal...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!