Anyone book Slinky Dog FP+ at 60+5 in AM?

Although I didn't book it, I was able to see it today for my trip September 7-15. I saw it on 60+1 and again the middle of the week.
I almost booked it just so I could LOL but I don't have any desire to ride it.

I was able to get SDD for 2 people at 60 + 4 at 2:00 pm.
It was the third FP that I reserved as I went backwards in time and got FOP at 60 + 6, SDMT at 60 + 5, and then went to SDD for 60 + 4.

I was also able to get another FOP at 60 + 1 but it isn't until 7:05 pm but at least I got it!

I think you'll only get one shot at grabbing SDD. Put it towards the end of your trip. If you try for 60+1 and don't get it you might miss out on 60+5, etc.

My head is spinning from all this. My FP booking window opens next Wednesday.
We check in on a Sunday for 6 nights and I wanted to do HS on Monday, MK on Tuesday for MNSSHP (I have tickets already) and Epcot on Thursday.
So is the thinking here that it will be impossible to get SDD FP for Monday being my 60+1? Should I change plans and do Epcot on Monday and HS on Thursday so it may be easier to get SDD FP at 60+4?

We currently have 2 day park hoppers and MNSSHP tickets. I am thinking of adding a 3rd day of park tickets but that is not definite yet. I am not really worried about FPs for MK since it is a party night and I can pretty much get on everything I want to with minimum wait especially waiting until the very end of the night. We are not doing AK this trip. We are staying at Boardwalk to going back and forth between HS and Epcot will be easy.
My FP preferences for each park is: HS: SDD & Epcot: Frozen

My Plans so far:
Sunday- Check in and Ohana Dinner
Monday- HS Really want to to SDD as priority #1, then Alien Saucers, TSMM, Frozen Sing Along. I also want to try Woody's Lunch Box. I think this won't be a full day so I want to spend some time at Epcot and maybe come back later to HS to see Toy Story Land at night and Star Wars Fireworks
Tuesday- MNSSHP Evening- Have BOG reservations, trick or treat, parade, shows, rides
Wednesday- Off day
Thursday- Epcot- Wait in line for Soarin first thing, Living With the Land, F&W Fest Center, Frozen, Via Napoli for lunch and Biergarten for later dinner. Again we might hop over to HS
Friday- Extra park day or Disney Springs/Kennedy Space Center
Saturday-Check out

If I can't get SDD for my 60+1 I will switch it up and change my HS/Epcot days so that SDD is 60+4. Maybe I should add the extra ticket for now so it will allow me to book at 60+5 also and see how it works out.
Thoughts and opinions appreciated!

Just got back home today. We were at Hollywood Studios on July 5th. Early morning magic hours were not crowded at all. We got there 30 minutes after opening and Slinky Dog was at 20 minutes, TSMM at 10 minutes, AS2 was 10 minutes.

I went ahead and canceled my FPs for RNRC and ToT, just in case a morning Slinky opens up during those two hours.

Hopefully that’ll increase my chances of modifying. Plus I have FPs for them another day :)

I went ahead and canceled my FPs for RNRC and ToT, just in case a morning Slinky opens up during those two hours.

Hopefully that’ll increase my chances of modifying. Plus I have FPs for them another day :)

You can still see the times even if they overlap, so “ technically “ you didn’t have to cancel them to increase odds

At least that’s what I believe happens

You can still see the times even if they overlap, so “ technically “ you didn’t have to cancel them to increase odds

At least that’s what I believe happens

I wasn’t for sure which way it worked. It wasn’t showing me TSM or Saucers until 11:50 when I tried to search with the other two booked. With them canceled, it’s showing me plenty of selections within those two hours that I couldn’t see before. Anecdotal, so I’m not still sure if that’s how it works.

You don’t need to cancel those two. They won’t limit times as if overlap it will just tell you at time you would have to cancel. Only thing you can’t hold is another toy story FastPass like Tsmm. If you hold a FastPass for another toy story then it won’t show any other available toy story.

You don’t need to cancel those two. They won’t limit times as if overlap it will just tell you at time you would have to cancel. Only thing you can’t hold is another toy story FastPass like Tsmm. If you hold a FastPass for another toy story then it won’t show any other available toy story.

Hm. I feel confused. The FP addendum thread suggests that you can’t see FP if you have another return time blocked out. Am I misunderstanding the last asterisk point?

Checking Availability for Same Park - Same Day
From the App
~ from a booked FP, choose "Modify”
*(Note: to check availability of a Tier 1 attraction, you must choose an existing Tier 1 to modify.)
~ scroll through selections to see availability
~ original FP remains intact if a new ride is not chosen
* The system does not show ride availability for time slots that are blocked by original FP Return Windows.

I just did another test. Booked a 9:40 ToT FP. Saucers and TSM FPs disappeared for that hour when I tried making sifting Slinky. Once I canceled the ToT FP, those FP then reappeared.

Last edited:
Was able to book SDD at 2 on 60+5 and FOP at 60+6 for 915
The availability is crazy
was also able to get 7DMT 12oclock at 60+1 and peter pan at 915 same day

Firstly, I just want to thank everyone on this board. It has helped tremendously in planning my trip to WDW!

Today was my 60 FP+ Day.

I actually split up my SDD FP. I wanted a time around 2:35pm on 60+4. The earliest they had was 2:55pm. So, I tried the "splitting up" option. I have 4 people in my party. So, I modified for 2 and got a 2:20 pm and then modified for 2 again and got a 2:45. After that, the options started dwindling, so I moved on to my other FPs.

I got FOP on 60+5. Seemed to be many options, but I just needed 3:00 pm, and I got 3:10 pm.

Every other FP was easy to get. Keep modifying till you get your perfect FPs!

Good luck to everyone!

edit: couple of other things. I started at 6 am (7 am EST). Up until 6 am, I kept refreshing my desktop, my laptop, my iPad, and my android phone. Once 6:01 hit, it kept giving me the "link your tickets" notification. I know my tickets were already linked, so I exited out of FP (back to the main Disneyworld.com screen) and hit Fastpass again under MyDisneyExperience. So, just be aware (this was my first time doing FP online) that if you want to keep "refreshing" up until your start time, you will probably have to exit out of fastpass, back to the main home screen, and go back in.

edit 2: just modified SDD again. I moved the 2:45 (for 2 people) to 2:40. So keep checking/modifying. You never know what might pop up!

Last edited:
On 9/3 I was able to book SDD at 60+5 for 12:20 and FoP at 60+1 for 3:25. Also got SDD at 60+7 for 11:30 and 60+10 for 11:20.

I was at WDW last week when my window opened for 9/2 to 9/5. Of course I didn't remember until like 8:30am on 7/4 so I couldn't get SDD. At least I got FOP for 9/4 at night. Why didn't I set a reminder on my phone??? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Do I need to cancel my Alien FP+ to try to get SDD? I’ve been clicking on “modify” to try to switch Alien to SDD.

Really hoping to snag a FP to SD on 9/9. Booked all of our FPs yesterday and was not able to get one, so booked for TSM instead.

Would like to change to SD so have been going back in but don't see any SD availability for that day. Didn't realize that my TSM FP may be affecting that? Would I need to cancel my TSM FP to see SD availability? Would hate to cancel TSM if I didn't have to. Just want to be sure I understand. Thank you!

Really hoping to snag a FP to SD on 9/9. Booked all of our FPs yesterday and was not able to get one, so booked for TSM instead.

Would like to change to SD so have been going back in but don't see any SD availability for that day. Didn't realize that my TSM FP may be affecting that? Would I need to cancel my TSM FP to see SD availability? Would hate to cancel TSM if I didn't have to. Just want to be sure I understand. Thank you!

You don’t need to cancel TSM. Just make sure that’s the one you’re modifying to search for SDD.

Do I need to cancel my Alien FP+ to try to get SDD? I’ve been clicking on “modify” to try to switch Alien to SDD.

That’s the strategy. You don’t need to cancel Saucers. Just keep trying to modify Saucers.

Good luck! That’s what I’m doing too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter