Anyone book a room through undercover tourist

Wondering how the experience was & how it worked out. Thanks!
Yes, we booked through them for Cabana Bay in May. It was great. Their rate was cheaper than any other I could find, including the AP rate. The only difference I experienced was that I had to pay to pay the reservation in full when I booked, rather than pay the balance at the hotel. I actually prefer to have that paid for and out of the way ahead of time, so that didn't bother me.
No problems at all booking through Undercover Tourist, and I wouldn't hesitate to use them again for a hotel booking. :)

Last edited:
I just booked for cabana bay also, for almost $100 off the cheapest price I could find. Needed to call the hotel about a random question and they could easily find my reservation, so it's legit.

Yes, we booked through them for Cabana Bay in May. It was great. Their rate was cheaper than any other I could find, including the AP rate. The only difference I experienced was that I had to pay to pay the reservation in full when I booked, rather than pay the balance at the hotel. I actually prefer to have that paid for and out of the way ahead of time, so that didn't bother me.
No problems at all booking through Undercover Tourist, and I wouldn't hesitate to use them again for a hotel booking. :)

Same here -- I preferred to pay for it ahead of time.

I've purchased tickets from UT over the years for both Disney and Universal, I receive a nice newsletter from them quarterly, and they have a very nice website, so I had no worries at all about the legitimacy of it. I was a little nervous, though, because they haven't been in the hotel discount thing for that long. I actually had to cancel my initial reservation I made with them a few weeks after making it (I had to call to cancel, but was refunded very quickly), and re-reserved online with different dates. I had no issues whatsoever.

Do their rates normally change the closer you get to the dates? I'm 3 months out from my Nov. stay, though the AP rate for Cabana Bay is better than the $138 UT is offering.

Do their rates normally change the closer you get to the dates? I'm 3 months out from my Nov. stay, though the AP rate for Cabana Bay is better than the $138 UT is offering.
I would like to know this also. We often don't book very far in advanced.

I don't think the rates of a specific room change once they are set for a specific date. If you are looking for the cheapest room for fixed dates, then it would be the standard room at Cabana bay. The APH rate is the best discount unless you are a long stay (5+ nights) in an off-peak time; then SMSM would be better.

If you just look at the "avg nightly rate", it looks like things fluctuate alot. However, from what I see, they really don't. The best way to save money is to be flexible on the dates you can go. Fri/Sat tend to be much more expensive than Sun-Thurs. Holidays can be expensive, especially if kids are out of school.

The best example I can give is for our upcoming trip in November. A water view queen at RPR is $209 with an APH rate for Sun 11/19 - Tues 11/21. Fri 11/17 and Sat 11/18 for the same room is $239. But Wed 2/23 is $274 for the same room because it is the night before Thanksgiving. To save money, we booked Sun-Tues to get the weekday prices and will be staying offsite Saturday night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter