Anyone been to MNSSHP?

Debs Hill

DIS Veteran
I would love to hear from anyone who has been to MNSSHP. What was it like? Was it worth the money? Was it crowded? Would we feel out of place if we weren't in costume?!!

I've been!

Personally I thought it was great...better than the Christmas ticketed event that is also very popular. A wonderful, fun, party atmosphere, so yes, IMO it was worth the money - I wouldn't hesitate to go again if I was there at that time of year.

Crowded...ummmm, depends what you are comparing it to - I hear ticket sales are limited to the region of 30,000 which is about the same as a reasonable off-season day. In other words, there will probably be waits of 20-30 minutes on the rides at peak times....however, if you (and if you've kids) have the stamina to stay till the end, then crowds fall off quickly after the fireworks, so what we do is ride the rides we want during the first parade, wander around until after the fireworks, see the 2nd parade, and then maybe walk on a ride or two just before park closing...it worked for us.

We didn't wear a costume and didn't feel out of place, however if I went again, I'd probably make an effort...just because it was obvious that people who did dress up were having so much fun!

Any other questions, fire away :D

Penny :D

We loved MNSSHP so much so we are going again this year :D

I think we went on the 29th in 2000 and didn't find it crowded. I didn't dress up in 2000 and did feel a little left out, we are trying to make the effort this year either full fancy dress or a hat or something :D

Kaylee

We went last year and would highly recommend it. Its great fun and I would honestly say well worth the money, especially if you have kids with you. We all dressed up, we bought our costumes from Walmarts really cheaply, which added to the fun but you wouldn't be out of place if you didn't. I can't say I remember it being too crowded or having to wait too long for the rides.

Make sure you get your free family photo done and don't forget to stop at the trick or treating stations.

We enjoyed it so much we're definitely doing it again next year!

Annmarie

hi
am i just an idiot because i do not know what MNSSHP means it sounds good but can someone enlighten me?

M.N.S.S.H.P stands for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. Its held on various dates during Oct at the Magic Kingdom and is a ticketed event.

They 'do' the MK up halloween style and have trick or treating posts throughout the Kingdom. The characters dress up in halloween costumes and most of the rides are open for the evening. They have two parade times, preceded by the headless horseman which is something not to be missed and of course fireworks over the castle.

Annmarie

Ok, you've all convinced me to go! So noe for a few more questions!
When will the dates for 2003 be announced do you think and how far in advance can you book tickets?
Is there a number you can ring from the UK to book tickets, or can I do it on line?
Did any of you experience problems getting your tickets sent in time etc?
Where did you all eat? Before or during the party?
Thanks!!!

Debs,

The dates are usually announced around April sometime and tickets can be booked from them. Someone on the boards usually says as soon as they hear.

You can book by calling 407 934 7639 or online here http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wa...s/tickets/tickettypeindex?id=TKTMNSSHPTktType

Last year I booked online and received an e-mail back confirming all the details which was just as well as my tickets never turned up. However after calling and e-mailing I was informed that they were sent out (in plenty of time I might add) but if I still didn't receive them then no problem I just had to go to the Guest Relations window at the MK anytime before the event and I could collect my tickets there. This is what we did in the end and we got them no problem. However guess what arrived in the post a week after we returned, yep our MNSSHP tickets:rolleyes:

We just had an early dinner at our hotel before leaving for the MK.

Hope this helps
Annmarie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter