• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone at FW Mardi Gras Week 2011 - Feb 5th thru Feb 13th?

We were there 2/5-2/12. FW was fine, the parks were more crowded than they were during our visit in late September 2010. There were many groups from Brazil,etc. in the parks.

Now with the kids in school we have to work around their schedule. I was thinking of going for Mardi Gras next year but I'm worried that the combination of Mardi Gras and Presidents weekend will make the parks extra crowded. My other option is to wait till the end of May 2012 but not sure I can wait that long. :)

LOL.... we've been at the fort one year during mardi gras.... and we vowed "never again". Way more partying than we're used to. I think maybe we're just getting old - but there seemed to be 8-10 people on every site, and the loops were so crowded with children that we could barely drive the golf cart around..... it was truly an oddity.

we went for mardi gras from mandeville. seemed like the whole area was getting out of dodge and heading to disney! we went from sunday till saturday and the crowds were not bad at all until friday which was also when most spring breaks were starting so i think that had a lot to do with it. next year we are palnning the same trip especially since mardi gras falls in the middle of february.

we went for mardi gras from mandeville. seemed like the whole area was getting out of dodge and heading to disney! we went from sunday till saturday and the crowds were not bad at all until friday which was also when most spring breaks were starting so i think that had a lot to do with it. next year we are palnning the same trip especially since mardi gras falls in the middle of february.

I keep going back and forth between Mardi Gras week and the 3rd week of May. My fear with Mardi Gras next year is that it falls out on Presidents weekend and I've heard that can really add to the crowds. I guess I am going to watch the boards during May to see what people are saying about the crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter