Anyone at DL during 4th of July week? Trying to figure out crowds.

ngl

DIS Veteran
Live in FL, 1 hr from WDW and DVC members and go there often. Took kids to DL last year and kids loved it and of course, want to go back to DL not WDW in our backyard!!

Thinking of going next summer. 4th of July will be on a Thurs in 2019. Assume Thurs & Fri will be insanely busy. Anyone have a vibe on how earlier that week would be (Mon-Wed)? I heard Mon have become busy as well.

Wanted to see if anyone was there last week and could give me an idea of how bad the crowds were. Our kids get out of school right before Mem Day and were there day after Mem Day and through that week last year (Tues-Fri) and did not think it was too busy even with Grad nights.

Any guidance appreciated!

so with the heat, july 2018 being the busiest in the history of auto and airline travel it was insane.....though the hot weather kept the insanity moderated as folks left back to lodging. 2019 will be insane with SWGE!!!!

We were there July 4-6 this year. It was busy, but not any more than I expected it to be. We had MaxPass which helped because we were able to book Fastpasses for the evening while we were taking a break at the hotel in the afternoon. We also got to the parks for rope drop every day and were able to do a lot in the early mornings. (Parks opened at 8am every day we were there.) I definitely think the extreme heat on Friday kept some people away, that was the least busy rope drop out of our three days. But that’s an anomaly you can’t really plan for.

This was our first trip to DLR so I don’t have any other crowd levels to compare it to, but I wouldn’t hesitate to go back at 4th of July again.

We were there July 1-6, while it was busy, it wasn't insane. But I would hesitate to say how it will be next year with the opening of Star Wars.

I was there and with a lot of the passes being blocked out and with the heat it was really manageable. Some of the lines where long but that could be because some of the rides where down and there wasn't a lot of choices. The 6th & 7th was the worse. When I went 4 years earlier the 4th was great. Main Street was packed waiting for parades and fireworks but most of the rides where 5 to 10 min waits. Maxpass helps a lot.

We were there the 4th and 5th and then 7th-9th (skipped the crazy hot day :) ). It was really not that bad. There were a few times that were a little more crowded (right after the fireworks, but that is to be expected), but all of the days except Monday were quite manageable. Monday the 9th we still got a lot done, but the crowds were much thicker. I went from Disneyland to DCA to grab fastpasses and decided to just hang out and wait for my family because even mid-day, the lines to get back into disneyland were pretty long. The previous days hopping was not a big deal.. little to no lines to get into either park later in the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!