• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anybody Who Has Stayed In A Tent At Fort Wilderness Campground

sam3996

Always A Princess
My husband thinks he wants to stay in a tent. :idea: Just wondering how that would turn out. I wonder if the dining plan is available for those staying at the fort wilderness campground

Didn't stay in a tent, so I'm not sure; we stayed in the cabins. Maybe he'll compromise and go with that? Ft. Wilderness has a good atmosphere. Very friendly and quiet. It's not like staying at a resort, but it's still very nice, and very convenient to the Magic Kingdom. My friends stayed in a tent and their only complaint was no air conditioning, but then, they went in the late spring. They did say the showers were immaculate.

There's also a Ft. Wilderness board on this site where they can probably answer more questions.

Wow, you are brave to tent camp! Check out the fort wilderness board to be sure..I think you can BUY the dining plan if you stay at Fort Wilderness, but it isn't available for free dining unless you stay in the cabins.

It is very nice to tent camp. HOWEVER, depending upon the season, you could have excessive heat. Also you may want to bring an extra tarp or two for those sudden, heavy rainstorms.

I have tent camped and many others do as well at Fort Wilderness ... it is probably the nicest place to tent camp of any I've been to.

We tent camp for 2 weeks from July 7 to the 20 and we had a great time, it rained almost everyday, some times very hard, but we had no problem, nothing in our tents got wet, I guess is all in how you set everything, DH had a tarp on top of our tent, we had no problem with heat since we had an A/C, we were cold in the mornings, in our kitchen tent we had a fan and it was fine.

I don't know about the dinning plan, we have annual passes and didn't do dinning plan.

But tent camp is nothing scary or bad, or maybe becuase we are used to tent camp since we were kids and enjoy it.

My husband thinks he wants to stay in a tent. :idea: Just wondering how that would turn out. I wonder if the dining plan is available for those staying at the fort wilderness campground

ya can't call yer self a real camper without spending a few nites beneath the stars.............................

Ive tent camped at lots of places in the southern US...but tent camping at FtW was the best by far. My wife, who was always too stuffy to tent camp even enjoyed the heck out of it!!!

We tent camped in AUGUST one year (no AC) and it really wasn't that bad. During the day your busy doing other things and at night a fan on you works fine! We even had a baby with us at the time:eek: Tent camping is great at the fort!!

We tent camped last June at FW. Besides the rain everything went fine. The confort station was close and it didnt get hot at night. We spent all day in the parks and then the night at the campsite. We are planning to do the same next year. The campsites are pretty big and our kids brought their scooters to scoot around the loop.:cool1:

Tent camping is the best at the Fort. Well, depends on what month ;) But some of my best memories at the Fort have been tent camping, I'm sure you'll have a blast!

I think everyone should tent camp at least once in their lives, especially at The Fort.......just watch out for frogs!

Nothing like tent camping, we had camped in TT but the feeling of camping is better in a tent and at the fort is way better.

We camped at the smokies one spring break and the campsite had no water or electrical, talking about being cool at night, but it was so neat, we had a campfire, the blue coffee pot, it was so dark and amazing, we saw the milky way for the first time since I was a little girl.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter