Anybody ever fish in the canals?

kmccain

DIS Veteran
I am trying to decide whether to pack the fishing poles or not!:confused:

Thanks for the help! :flower3:

:tink:

I have and it was a nice way to spend some time, but I didn't catch anything.

If you bring your own gear do you have to pay?

From what I understand it is:

Catch and release
You can fish in the canals
It is free and you don't need a license

Can you fish from the beach? :confused3

Thanks for the information! :love:

Yup, fished canals and along the shore of the lake, but not from the beach or dock. Saw an alligator too! Don't bother trying to catch with worms- use shiners- had to buy them off site about 45 mins. one way.

we drowned worms, and like Ft. Wilderness guy didn't catch anything. but had fun.

45 mins away for shiners, darn.

We were there about 10 days ago in site 1406 where the Canal was right behind us. We caught about 12 using nightcrawlers. You have to find just the right spot. We had the most success with grassy areas near the bank. Beware, many times those fish would eat the worm right off the hook.

I am trying to decide whether to pack the fishing poles or not!:confused:

Thanks for the help! :flower3:

I had to laugh when i read your post. I am at work otherwise i would have the picture handy. My dh is a very early riser while i like to sleep in. The day we had planned to spend at the campground and allow me to sleep in, i was woken up at 6:00 A.M. by dh telling me to quick get the camera. He had caught a huge fish and wanted a picture before he put him back. He said the fish had been taunting him and eating the bait so he went in after him. DH was so proud of himself. :rotfl2:

we drowned worms, and like Ft. Wilderness guy didn't catch anything. but had fun.

45 mins away for shiners, darn.

I'm gonna buy the shiners and have a fish fry at my camper in October. No sense drowning good bait.

you are going to need a lot of shiners to make a fish fry...

if you use toothpicks for the, please recycle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter