Anybody else losing sleep over stress

pollypineapple8

Mouseketeer
We booked our wedding with about 6 months to go before the date. We have had very little time to save and we are doing it on as tight a budget as we can. Every night Iam struggling to sleep worrying about everything.

Obviously money is the biggest worry.

Then theres the choices I cant decide on - Like where to go for dinner after, what flowers to pick, what music for the violinist. My head is in a pickle.

How did the rest of you lovely ladies keep calm? Or TRY to keep calm LOL

:beach:

Yes, I've lost some sleep. My worries aren't the same as yours, but worries nonetheless. Like will we get the wedding license back in time? We did. Will the photographer be able to stay longer to take more photos after our plans changed? She could.

I think coming to the boards here helps a lot. When you can't decide on things and need advise, there's always good answers here. Everyone here is in the same boat, or has been in that boat.

Now that we leave in a little over a week my sleep is definitely affected, partly excitement, and the rest worrying about things I may have forgotten to do or am worried I will forget to pack. I find watching some light-hearted TV show or reading a few chapters in a book before bed clears my mind of worries and it's easier to sleep.

Good luck!

Aw I hope all goes well for your wedding! I dont know how nervous I will be with 1 week to go EEEKK :eek:

Marriage licence is another worry

I think I will be turning into an alcoholic in the next couple months :S

Best of luck with your Disney Wedding! Im sure it will be amazing x

i found that penciled in - about 1 month to go ridiculously stressful. maybe even till less then a month. at least at that point things are settled, decided, it’s done as far as it can go. then i was pretty good generally, if you discount me deciding 3 weeks before the wedding that i should get a different wedding dress (took it back, tried on others, came home with my same dress but with a few alterations) and freaking out the night before and abandoning the entire group (and my BFF/MOH who was going to spend the night with me)....

heh- it’s quite a ride isn’t??:thumbsup2

I'm probably really strange when it comes to this. I actually have slept better since choosing Disney. Here is why:

1. I've come to accept budgeting hell hole because I'm getting what I want not what others want for my wedding. I'd rather pay for what I want and have less people than pay an arm and a leg getting no honeymoon and a day that caters to others. I faced the fact I'm paying a large amount of money either way at least I'm getting it my way now.

2. I no longer worry about the menu. I have food allergies. This was a nightmare for me. I got so many crappy answers regarding this from other vendors. I had one tell me "You can have an all gluten free menu but you're going to have to pay a premium for that". Another two told me "We can do gluten free, and you can talk to our chef after you put down a deposit". Others said "Oh that shouldn't be that hard we can manage". My head was exploding over this. I'm not the only celiac there are up to 5 of us at a wedding with less than 50 heads!

3. My cake fiasco was a whole other deal. I had vendors telling me they'd make an exception for outside vendors for my cake only to not have it in the contract then fought over this with them telling me no itll be ok. I'm not signing anything unless its there in writing. I am very picky about my cake and gluten free cake can be excellent but it has to be done by someone who knows what they're doing. I was also worried about transporting my cake and setting it up. More head aches.

4. Logistics for our families. If we did it in our area it was going to be super expensive and his family would have to travel they weren't likely to do so without incentive beyond the wedding since it is super expensive here. If we did it in a middle ground everyone had to travel but we'd get no honeymoon and end up with 100+ heads that I didn't want to deal with. If we did it where his family is it would be cheaper, again 100+ heads and then my family would be pissy that we did it there not in our area because yes they are that silly. Making everyone travel ends all those logistical issues and gives us a honeymoon.

5. Coordinating the actual wedding. I couldn't afford a planner if we did it outside of Disney. They whole coordinating my event and making sure everything was where it needed to be just ruined it for me. It stressed me to no end.

So though yes I fret over money, and yes I worry about the little things in the end I just remember this 6 months of nightmares and breath. Then I feel a whole lot better and realize this really is easy peezy lemon squeezy for me.

I'm probably really strange when it comes to this. I actually have slept better since choosing Disney. Here is why:

1. I've come to accept budgeting hell hole because I'm getting what I want not what others want for my wedding. I'd rather pay for what I want and have less people than pay an arm and a leg getting no honeymoon and a day that caters to others. I faced the fact I'm paying a large amount of money either way at least I'm getting it my way now.

2. I no longer worry about the menu. I have food allergies. This was a nightmare for me. I got so many crappy answers regarding this from other vendors. I had one tell me "You can have an all gluten free menu but you're going to have to pay a premium for that". Another two told me "We can do gluten free, and you can talk to our chef after you put down a deposit". Others said "Oh that shouldn't be that hard we can manage". My head was exploding over this. I'm not the only celiac there are up to 5 of us at a wedding with less than 50 heads!

3. My cake fiasco was a whole other deal. I had vendors telling me they'd make an exception for outside vendors for my cake only to not have it in the contract then fought over this with them telling me no itll be ok. I'm not signing anything unless its there in writing. I am very picky about my cake and gluten free cake can be excellent but it has to be done by someone who knows what they're doing. I was also worried about transporting my cake and setting it up. More head aches.

4. Logistics for our families. If we did it in our area it was going to be super expensive and his family would have to travel they weren't likely to do so without incentive beyond the wedding since it is super expensive here. If we did it in a middle ground everyone had to travel but we'd get no honeymoon and end up with 100+ heads that I didn't want to deal with. If we did it where his family is it would be cheaper, again 100+ heads and then my family would be pissy that we did it there not in our area because yes they are that silly. Making everyone travel ends all those logistical issues and gives us a honeymoon.

5. Coordinating the actual wedding. I couldn't afford a planner if we did it outside of Disney. They whole coordinating my event and making sure everything was where it needed to be just ruined it for me. It stressed me to no end.

So though yes I fret over money, and yes I worry about the little things in the end I just remember this 6 months of nightmares and breath. Then I feel a whole lot better and realize this really is easy peezy lemon squeezy for me.

@dewingedpixie. I read this post and I completely feel you. I have ceiliac disease, and stressing major about my venue. I wanted to ask how was the GF handled at your wedding? Did you manage to not get sick?
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter