Anybody else heard ?

jillrobinson

DIS Veteran
Found this on another Disney Site

"Disneyland Resort Paris
A new land (not until 2009 although) and refurbishments of the Walt Disney Studios is really all that is going on at the resort formerly known as Euro Disney. The fourth Twilight Zone Tower of Terror will open in 2006 at the Studios."

I did know the Tower of Terror had been "strongly tipped" (is that the expression? ;) ) to enter the Studios but I didn't know about the new land. What could that be I wonder?

The Studios needs some extra attractions so it would be great if this were true!

aha, thanks Steve - it's all come flooding back now. Fingers crossed the Toon bit is right - my DDs would go mad for this.

I'm sure that Steve is right and this refers to Toon Town. It will have two kiddy-friendly attractions - a Nemo themed dark ride, and a Cars (next Pixar film) themed bumper-car attraction.

Regards

Rob

Hiya

Very glad to hear about this, Studios would def' benefit from more rides/attractions :cheer2:

:flower:

Jodie

I've always thought the the Studios Park is more teenage/adult orientated, so it would be great to see something for little ones in there, unfortunately by 2009 my 2 DS's will probably think they're too old for it. Thank goodness I have a little niece (1st Disney visit next year for her) and another on the way. :banana:

Actually the Toon Studios are opening in 2007 and ToT in 2008 and also Buzz coming next year quite a busy time for DLRP really.

Here's a piece of concept art for the Toon Studios.
http://www.photosmagiques.com/wds/toonstudios.php

And some more here:
http://www.photosmagiques.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=256&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

The Finding Nemo ride will be a 5 min long ride (according to Imagineers who came to Paris for the inauguration of Mission 2) and should be an inside Wild Mouse coaster with spinning vehicles, shaped as giant turtles.

The Cars ride would be either a bumper cars ride or a "spinning teacups-like" attraction.

Thanks for that Becky, I enjoyed reading it and have now added the link to my favourites as it was one I hadn't come across before.:sunny:

On a kind of unrelated area does anyone know what is going on with the Pizza Planet restaurant in Disneyland Park? I have been to DP once a year for the last three years and everytime its been closed/cornered off. Are they maybe going to develop some new rides in that direction of the park taking out that restaurant maybe?

Cowza - do you normally visit during low season, because it closes on Wednesday and Thursday then? I personally have NEVER managed to visit DLP when Victoria's is open!!!!

Otherwise I have no idea what, if anything might be happening to it. :confused3

Well in 2003 we visited from Sunday to Thursday, then I think the same in February 2004 (this was half term week) then this year we went Tuesday to Friday and it was closed again! Oh the mystery! Lol.

We visited Pizza Planet last July - the lighting is a bit strange, can't make it's mind up whether it wants to be light or dark so it's sort of in between - it makes your eyes go funny so we got our food and ate outside. Given a choice I'd go to Pizzeria Bella Notte for a Pizza instead.

If this comes to fruition it will definitely increase the attractiveness of the studios :)
Reid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter