Anybody created their own cross stitch patterns?

frannn

<font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread
I posted previously, but don't think I got any responses, so here it goes again:
I am thinking of creating my own patterns based on photos of my DD1 at WDW. I used to have an old program that turned an image into a pattern, but am sure there is new, better, and not very expensive software out there.... Has anyone ever done this successfully, so the people & locations don't look cartoonish & out of proportion? What is the best software for this that is not expensive, yet allows me to set the desired number of colors, size of the pattern, and the size of the finished product? Is it worth it to do this, or will my picture come out looking "funny"? I have been toying with this idea for a while, and ready to take the next step. TIA!

I've never done my own, but Rajah creates her own. She posts quite a bit on the Community Board, or you could PM her. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter