Any Word on a Haunted Mansion 50th Anniversary Event?

fantasmicfantastic

Some Imagination, Huh?
My wife and I had the pleasure of attending the HM 40th anniversary event in 2009. Has anyone heard any rumors of a 50th anniversary event for next year? I would love to experience something like that again.

Nothing so far for the park. The D23 Expo will have a HM-themed welcome reception for its Sorcerer Package attendees and the fan art contest is set for HM.

I think that would be super! But I have a feeling that the opening of SWL is going to overshadow (budget-wise) any other celebrations next year. HM anniversary merch? Yep. Putting money into a celebration/event? Nope.

My wife and I had the pleasure of attending the HM 40th anniversary event in 2009. Has anyone heard any rumors of a 50th anniversary event for next year? I would love to experience something like that again.
Just read there is lot's going on for Mickeys 90th next year! I think the best we can hope for is some nifty new mansion merchandise :)

I took a survey this past winter about a potential HM 50th anniversary event. Most of the questions were about an exclusive after hours party that would potentially be held. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that they do have an event, but I wonder how Galaxy’s Edge will impact that decision.

i saw on someone's IG story something about pins designed with artwork from the disney archives. i can't find that info posted anywhere else though..

Any updates?
I have called, for whatever that's worth, a couple of times so far during the past few weeks disneyland, and well nothing do I have to report that is positive! Sigh Both times I had been told to keep checking the Disney blog. Also that it's possible (No kidding!) that something may be announced closer to the Mansion's anniversary date. Ok...well it doesn't sound like there is going to be an event for the 50th anniversary, like there had been for 9-09-09.

I’m at the park now and I asked two CMs at HM if they knew of any upcoming events to mark HM’s 50th. They both said that they hadn’t heard of any although they expect there will be an anniversary pin (a free one) for guests.

I’m at the park now and I asked two CMs at HM if they knew of any upcoming events to mark HM’s 50th. They both said that they hadn’t heard of any although they expect there will be an anniversary pin (a free one) for guests.

Interesting. Saying that because last October when I had asked one of the HM CM's a very similar question he just said the same thing, minus an anniversary pin.
I will say one thing, and that is if that is about as good as it gets, then what an insult to the Haunted Mansion!
Very disappointing this subject of the Haunted Mansion's Anniversary is turning out to be!
Thank you for your reply and for sharing what you were able to find out.
Visit the Haunted Mansion for me please! :) Hope you are having a good, fun day!

Interesting. Saying that because last October when I had asked one of the HM CM's a very similar question he just said the same thing, minus an anniversary pin.

And I’m pretty sure that the two I spoke with were merely guessing in both cases.

As I am awaiting in vain apparently for news about the Haunted Mansion's 50th birthday!
I just have to figure there is not going to be a grand anniversary for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter