Any Virginia DIsers out there

I'm Alexandria too!! Just went for 11 days in January and have a surprise Christmas trip I'm hiding from the kids...which is EXTREMELY hard to do because I'm excited.

Live in Woodbridge, work in Alexandria (Fairfax County). For those down south, we are in Northern Virginia, just outside Washington, D.C.

Certified (certifiable!) Disney Freak and proud of it!!! We have a trip planned for early December. Just my 30 year old daughter and I go now, my husband and older daughter don't enjoy the commando touring we do.

Since no one else has described their craziness, I will start. I don't think there are too many spaces in my house that doesn't have something Disney in it. I collect almost everything. When not working, I wear a Disney shirt every day. I also wear a different Disney watch every day to match my outfit.

People have learned to accept my fettish, they just shake their heads and laugh, but they certainly don't understand it. I am a child stuck in an adult body, I guess.

I just tell people that Disney makes me happy and feel good so why should I not continue to do what makes me happy. I have so many things I've purchased that are in boxes, you know, for later or just in case :confused3

It's funny because for my birthday or holidays, people always say I am so hard to buy for....REALLY, HELLO.... anything Disney is perfect :mickeyjum

I started a new job last year and it was really hard because I had to tone down my freakiness until people got to know me. I've had some men bring Disney things in for me that they had at home and their kids didn't want anymore. They really enjoyed me getting so excited over their gift. They're starting to expect it from me now. I have slowly brought in some of my toys to decorate my area.

Okay, who else. Let's hear your stories.

My DS16 is about ready to kill me. I dragged him to WDW for a week for DD14's 8th grade graduation the first week of June. Then on our way to a family reunion in Hawaii I planned a 4 day layover in Los Angeles so we could spend a couple of days at Disneyland and California Adventure. He is officially Disney'd out! My DD and I couldn't be happier!:yay:

Another Diser from Alexandria here (live and work) - nice to see a few Virginians here!!

Our next trip is in November :cool1:

It's nice to see a few of you are in Alexandria, VA as well! We love Disney! We will be going at the end of the month for our very first MNSSHP. Super excited!!!

Hello Fellow Alexandrian ( or is it Alexandrite?)

Have fun at MNSSHP this month! I hope to check out the party and F&W next year. Hopefully, I'll be off of furlough by then, *snorts*. :)

Thank you! We planned our trip before the shutdown hit so luckily the package and tickets were paid for ahead of time but not receiving a paycheck until who knows when will be tough for spending money while we are in WDW :( but I am thinking positive thoughts!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hello Fellow Alexandrian ( or is it Alexandrite?)

Have fun at MNSSHP this month! I hope to check out the party and F&W next year. Hopefully, I'll be off of furlough by then, *snorts*. :)

This made me laugh!

I'm on furlough too - but our flights and trip are paid off, so our November trip is still on. Trying to be as productive as possible during this time off...

DH and I are in the Winchester area. Had a trip in January (just a short visit after a cruise) and we loved it so much we went back in April for a week.
When we got there, we had booked Port Orleans: Riverside, we were told we had a complimentary upgrade to Wilderness Lodge with a courtyard room! We were very surprised and very grateful :)

We will be going back in April 2014 for 10 nights.

I was spoiled as a child, my grandparents were snowbirds and we would go to DIsney World almost once a year. My DH had only been once as a child so being able to do what he wants when he wants is a treat lol.

Can't wait to get back there and try more of the behind the scenes activities. We have done Dolphins in Depth and DH has done DiveQuest twice. Now that I am certified I can now join him on that one :)

Hi everyone! I'm BRAND NEW to Disboards (this is actually my first post) but I literally came here hoping to find other Disneyphiles in the Hampton Roads area. I need Disney Buddies!

Hi. Nice to meet you. I'm Nancy and I live in Northern Virginia, but I am very familiar with the Hampton Roads area. My Dad lived in VA Beach for about 30 years (now just over the border in NC), I have a step-brother still there and another one in Chesapeake. We definitely need to rev up this thread again. As you can see, it died a few years ago. It is very nice to have people to talk Disney with.

Welcome to the Disboards. The boards are fantastic. You can find anything here you want...learn new things about Disney, learn to make many Disney things, and just plain old feel comfortable here. If you have an upcoming trip, be sure to get in to the groups for the same travel month. I have gone to Disney over 50 times, yet I manage to still learn something I didn't know by reading these threads. Watch out though, these boards become very addictive!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts