Any update for SSR spa and gym refurb?

SugarPlumFairyUK

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone

Would really appreciate any news on the SSR spa/gym refurb.

The Disney site says that the Spa will re open in the 'Summer' and says nothing about the gym facilities being closed - in fact the information section for SSR suggests that the gym is still open.

Anyone been on a recent stay and noticed how the refurb is going? Was the gym open?

Does anyobe have any news for the possibilty of one or the other (or both!) being open in July?

Thanks!

My contact tells me that the spa is scheduled to re-open in July. The new Spa at GF is now open.

They are using light and smell to create a unique spa experience. There will be steamrooms, whirlpools, 10 treatment rooms, relaxation areas and a nail salon.

The new name is "Senses" and Disney will be offering room and spa packages sometime in the future.

:earsboy: Bill

My contact tells me that the spa is scheduled to re-open in July. The new Spa at GF is now open.

They are using light and smell to create a unique spa experience. There will be steamrooms, whirlpools, 10 treatment rooms, relaxation areas and a nail salon.

The new name is "Senses" and Disney will be offering room and spa packages sometime in the future.

:earsboy: Bill

Did they happen to say if it would be open in the beginning or end of July?

Did they happen to say if it would be open in the beginning or end of July?

That's just what I want to know too ... we arrive in the second week of July and it would be so good if the spa was open! Also we can't find any info on whether the gym facilities will be open - the SSR information on the Disney website suggests that it is still currently open, but we were advised that the health club facilities would also close at some point too.

We'd like to know if it will be open for our vacation, would be so good if it were finished.

As it is - it's all a bit hazy :confused3

Hi, we just returned last night from the DW, and my son and husband used the gym at SSR. The spa is still under reno and they used the elevator by the pool to access it. Hope that helps.

Hi, we just returned last night from the DW, and my son and husband used the gym at SSR. The spa is still under reno and they used the elevator by the pool to access it. Hope that helps.

Thank you for letting us know. By the way, did you see any beginnings of construction going on at Downtown Disney while you we're there? There was some mention that trailers were starting to arrive. I just want to know if Congress Park views will be obstructed.

Thanks

Friday night we walked from west end to the marketplace, only construction I saw was
at Rainforest cafe.

Thank you for letting us know. By the way, did you see any beginnings of construction going on at Downtown Disney while you we're there? There was some mention that trailers were starting to arrive. I just want to know if Congress Park views will be obstructed.

Thanks

Oh, this is a good question. I'm glad you asked it. I was wondering about it, too.

StitchKingdom shows this:

The Spa at Saratoga Springs closed on January 16, 2013 and is currently expected to re-open on August 1, 2013. Re-opening summer. Exact date unknown at this time.

They have been accurate in the past.

Hi everyone

Would really appreciate any news on the SSR spa/gym refurb.

The Disney site says that the Spa will re open in the 'Summer' and says nothing about the gym facilities being closed - in fact the information section for SSR suggests that the gym is still open.

Anyone been on a recent stay and noticed how the refurb is going? Was the gym open?

Does anyobe have any news for the possibilty of one or the other (or both!) being open in July?

Thanks!

From the Disney Parks Blog:
Although it’s still under construction, Senses – A Disney Spa at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort is accepting reservations as of today for treatments beginning July 25.
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ga-springs-resort-is-now-taking-reservations/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter