Any Tips on Car Rental Discounts?

Katie Dawn

DIS Veteran
I've tried doing a few different searches to see if this has been discussed a lot on here, but am not seeing much. Any suggestions on getting any discounts on rental cars? It's not for Orlando, but it is during Fall Break and for a minivan so the prices are sky high. Costco seems to be about $50 cheaper than everything else, but anyone else have any suggestions? Thanks!

I have found my best prices with Costco but keep checking them. They do go down at times.

It's not for Orlando, but ...
If it's Miami, I'd carefully check reviews on sites like Yelp, Trip Advisor, and Google Maps.

I just read a very negative story on Drive about Ace Rent A Car at Miami Airport.

I'm not familiar with Drive, so I'm not posting a link, but I also saw a lot of 1-star ratings and complaints for Ace on Yelp.

Prices keep changing. Keep checking back with a variety of agencies.

Okay, you can skip those agencies that you find a lot of bad reviews for.

Autoslash FTW!
You put in your car reservation info, ANY car reservation, and they e-mail you if they find a better price. I've saved hundreds on multiple occasions. You will unfortunately have to re-book to get the better price. Autoslash used to do that for you but the car rental agencies complained (because collusion) and they had to stop doing it.

Do you or your SO work anywhere that has a negotiated rate (I work at a company that has negotiated rates for all the major rental companies)? They will usually post that on any sort of employee discount page for your company, and whenever I use our special code for our company, the cost is always considerably less.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter