Any tips on accessible Cruise day trips?

Daffy Duck

Earning My Ears
Before heading back to Old key West, my wife and I are going on the short Disney cruise. I use a 3-wheel scooter and a cane if I absolutely have to. I'm not worried about getting on/off or around on the boat, but I'm wondering about the "day trips" you can take. How many, which ones, are accessible?

Any thoughts will be appreciated. We start the cruise on July 1.

Stan

I can answer that one right now. There are NO accessible excursions at Nassau. At Castaway Cay there are sand wheelchairs if you can transfer into one and the tram is accessible. The ramp in Nassau is very steep and the shops aren't accessible although you can go through the straw market and the little building that's been recently put up that also has some shops. Most of the streets do not have curb cuts. ---Kathy

Since when is the tram accessible? It wasn't when I cruised in August. That was one of my main complaints and the reason we explored very little of CC. I would have liked to go to the adult beach but had no way of getting there.

Lisa- I thought it always had been. When we were on the ship in Dec, the back car was accessible. I drove my chair though since basically nothing is accessible to me due to it's length. We'll be on the Magic this Sat. and I'll check it out again. ---Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter