Any thoughts on these hotels please

tracymiami

Mouseketeer
Hiya

Narrowed it down to these hotels:

2 weeks in the Kissimmee area and the 3rd in the Keys. Was going to stay on site for 2 weeks but for the same kind of money we could have 3 weeks away. If you have any thoughts please let me know:

Kissimmee
econolodge gateway resort
holiday inn nikki bird resort

The Keys - windley key
chesapeake resort
http://www.chesapeake-resort.com/

Surfed the net for these and the one in the keys looks amazing I think the nikki bird one looks the nicer one.

We are 2 adults going around the Oct time next year for 3 weeks with car.

Any other ideas on hotels would be much appreciated. In the past i have stayed at

Rodeway Inn - Orlando
Quality Inn International - Orlando
Thunderbird - Miami

Thanks hugs

T
;)

Tracy, I would definitely pick the HI of those two in Kissimmee. A decent level of accommodation (nothing fancy) in a good position on the 192, and many people really like Angel's Diner there (especially their dinner buffet).

I would have to agree with Simon, I've visited the reception of the Econolodge to collect a hire car VERY MUCH a lower end motel type place. IMHO the HI looks the better of the two hotels.

Hi guys

Thanks for that (sorry i have not got back to you before). Decided definately third week the one in the keys still can't make a decision and the orlando hotel, looked through the brochure again last night.

Called Virgin and got this price:

£699 x 2 (2 weeks and flight to Nickki Bird)
£245 x 2 (1 week at chesapeake resort)
£546 x 1 (car insurance)
£20 x 1 (xtra week car)

Total £2208.60 for the 3 weeks all in mins passes. That includes the FFC discount. don't get the £100 off as it does not cover that time of year.

Other thoughts i had were just have the car for 2 weeks, stay onsite at the All stars for one of them so i will not need to use transport or buy disney tickets, have not worked out the costing for that yet.

What do you think.

Hugs

T

PS even though i have stayed on IDrive do you think it is best to have a change to either Kissmiee or Lake Buna Vista.

Tracy, you've said that car insurance will cost £546. In my view this is an outrageous charge for a three week's of insurance. If you buy the American Express Premium Annual Travel Insurance (cost is about £280 for the two of you) you will be covered for car hire in North America for a whole year, and you will have a very comprehensive annual travel policy. You will still have to pay local taxes and airport surcharges when you collect your hire car, but will still save quite a lot of money on your car hire by declining Virgin's rip-off prices and buying the Amex policy. You do not need to have an Amex card to buy their insurance products.

Regards

Rob

I will look into that further. Do you know if that covers a driver under 25 as Martin is 23 and I wont be driving :rolleyes:

Thanks

T

PS: I know I don't even pay that for a years car insurance over here!!!!

Hiya

Thanks again for that, will definately look into that. martin has a blue card so i guess that will be OK, not until next year anyway. Could possibly save us a fortune.

Thanks again

T;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter