Any thoughts on my dd's app for Spring 2020?

@720L Has your dd heard anything at all? Still hoping she sees some movement in her app.
Yes! She had a WBI Monday & phone interview yesterday! Thank you for asking. I hope we hear quick this suspense is like Christmas morning when I was little LOL can't imagine what its like for our kids. Congrats to your DD!

Last edited:
Yes! She had a WBI Monday & phone interview yesterday! Thank you for asking. I hope we hear quick this suspense is like Christmas morning when I was little LOL can't imagine what its like for our kids. Congrats to your DD!
How exciting for her!!!! This is great news! Please post when she gets her offer! I understand about the suspense! I thought I’d never be able to focus on life if they didn’t hurry up lol!

My dd got an offer today!!!!!!! Third time was a charm!! She got QSFB, which wasn’t the role she was hoping for, but who cares?? She gets to go work for the Mouse!!!
I've been off boards for a bit but OMG and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! So glad your DD is going to have her wish/dream happen!!

@wendow If you are on facebook there is a super helpful and friendly group for parents of DCP kids. It is a private group and the admins do check to see if you have kid accepted/in program (apparently there are a few-but this one is the only one that verifies and is actually NICE lol). They have a whole files section that will answer just about any question you may have. PM if you'd like the address/name!

So my daughter's friend -- the one who has very little work experience but lives on campus a few days a week (she comes home for 4 day weekend almost every week) got an offer for QS today (3+ weeks after her PI). I'm assuming she'll take it. I was afraid this would send my daughter into meltdown mode but she says she's ok (she's at work right now so it's hard to know for sure that she's "ok" because we've only been texting.). I just keep reminding her that she'll be where she's supposed to be...and that there are a lot of great things happening at Disney during the fall. She still seems to be excited about applying again, so that's good.

@bluezy Oh that would be hard to hear! I hope she can stay positive! Tell her how much fun fall will be with all the Holidays!

@bluezy Oh that would be hard to hear! I hope she can stay positive! Tell her how much fun fall will be with all the Holidays!

My daughter just got home from work and said that her friend isn't sure she's going to accept the DCP position!! The friend said she doesn't really want to do QS -- that it was one of her last choices -- and she's thinking about either doing an internship or a semester abroad in Spring. My daughter isn't upset that her friend got in to the DCP but I can tell she's a bit wound up about the fact that she probably won't even take the position. Meanwhile, my daughter (and plenty of other NLICs) would be happy to take a QS position even if it wasn't their first (or 15th...or 30th) choice! I hope this doesn't drive a wedge in their friendship. They've been really good friends since Nursery School. My daughter is definitely looking forward to potentially being at Disney next fall.

I'm sorry I'm a paranoid person so I don't want to put it on here. She's so excited & so are we!

I totally understand not wanting to post it here. No worries. I'm sure the excitement level is through the roof at your house -- I know it would be at ours!

So my daughter's friend -- the one who has very little work experience but lives on campus a few days a week (she comes home for 4 day weekend almost every week) got an offer for QS today (3+ weeks after her PI). I'm assuming she'll take it. I was afraid this would send my daughter into meltdown mode but she says she's ok (she's at work right now so it's hard to know for sure that she's "ok" because we've only been texting.). I just keep reminding her that she'll be where she's supposed to be...and that there are a lot of great things happening at Disney during the fall. She still seems to be excited about applying again, so that's good.
I'm sorry. That has be be hard for her to hear :( Positive thoughts for next app'ing season, which isn't that far away!!! Please keep us posted! Your dd will remain in my thoughts and I'd love to hear of her acceptance!

My daughter just got home from work and said that her friend isn't sure she's going to accept the DCP position!! The friend said she doesn't really want to do QS -- that it was one of her last choices -- and she's thinking about either doing an internship or a semester abroad in Spring. My daughter isn't upset that her friend got in to the DCP but I can tell she's a bit wound up about the fact that she probably won't even take the position. Meanwhile, my daughter (and plenty of other NLICs) would be happy to take a QS position even if it wasn't their first (or 15th...or 30th) choice! I hope this doesn't drive a wedge in their friendship. They've been really good friends since Nursery School. My daughter is definitely looking forward to potentially being at Disney next fall.
Ah, just reading this. That is sad. As we all know, there are so many kids who would love that role just to get to do the program! My dd got QS, and while not her first (or second, or third or fourth) choice, she is beside herself with joy that she just gets the chance!

My dd already had a preplanned trip to wdw this past weekend with a friend she hopes to do the dcp with and room with. She got to tell Mickey that she'd be making magic for him. Here are a couple of pics and yes, she was crying lol. She gets that from me :D

Attachments

• IMG_2742.JPG
    IMG_2742.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2743.JPG
    IMG_2743.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_2741.JPG
    IMG_2741.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_2744.JPG
    IMG_2744.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 88
My dd already had a preplanned trip to wdw this past weekend with a friend she hopes to do the dcp with and room with. She got to tell Mickey that she'd be making magic for him. Here are a couple of pics and yes, she was crying lol. She gets that from me :D

OMG, the note from Mickey made me cry!!! What an awesome keepsake. I can't imagine the emotions she had flowing through her as she visited Disney World knowing that in a few months she'll be working there!!! She looks soooo happy! I'm excited for her!

I'm sorry. That has be be hard for her to hear :( Positive thoughts for next app'ing season, which isn't that far away!!! Please keep us posted! Your dd will remain in my thoughts and I'd love to hear of her acceptance!

Thank you. I'll definitely come back here and post when she starts the process again.

I love this! I always loved meeting the characters during my DCP and talking about how I help make the magic! My Fairy Godmother still brings it up to this day...she remembers me from my program and tells me "once a cast member, always a cast member". It's pure Disney magic for me. Congrats to your daughter on her upcoming program!

Ah Wendow that is so sweet! So many CM's are excited for the new DCP's. We went to dinner at Tiffin's with ours just after she moved in - hadn't even gone through Traditions yet-and the staff sent out a special dessert with congratulations spelled out on the plate.Just wait til after Traditions when the pics pour in from her in the parks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!